Don't laugh!!

39 replies to this topic
  • armourbl

Posted August 23, 2001 - 07:26 AM

At $350 for the TekVest Rally Tri Sport with optional shoulder pads, the thing ain't cheap. But, I'm buying one anyway. Could make the difference between never riding again or just getting up and doing a few more laps.

ben

------------------
2001 WR250F
White Brothers E Series Full exhaust
Panoram computer
Fly bars
jet kit
YZ timing I think (bought used)
Grey wire mod

• MichaelAngelo

Posted August 23, 2001 - 10:07 AM

Yea Ben, I think the Teckvest is the way to go.I appreciate the comments made by PMaust as well. Yes, more padding is good. And you are right about side impact, which is what I experienced.

Michael

• MOmilkman

Posted August 23, 2001 - 10:38 AM

Heres another way to go....

although Im not sure where to get one of these...
http://home.cleanlin...cycleAirbag.htm

------------------
Darin in Missouri - 1999 WR400F
Enduro Heaven - Ozark Mountain TrailRiders

• MichaelAngelo

Posted August 23, 2001 - 04:20 PM

That was pretty funny MO.
Thanks, although it still hurts when I laugh.

Michael

• MOmilkman

Posted August 23, 2001 - 05:10 PM

I hope your feeling better.
Laughter is the best medicine as they say.

Im actually glad you brought this topic up, those high dollar vests look pretty cool. Might have to try one out.

------------------
Darin in Missouri - 1999 WR400F
Enduro Heaven - Ozark Mountain TrailRiders

• MichaelAngelo

Posted August 23, 2001 - 05:29 PM

Thanks MO, Yep those vests look good. Hey I checked out the photos on your lonk. Looks like beautiful country to ride in.

M

• Steve_Brand

Posted August 28, 2001 - 10:05 AM

Originally posted by MichaelAngelo:
Thanks MO, Yep those vests look good. Hey I checked out the photos on your lonk. Looks like beautiful country to ride in.

M

Hi Michael - I was told by a customer that there was some discussion on the net about our Rally Tri-Sport Tekvest. First time I've gone into one of these forums. Check out our website at www.tekrider.com . We finally posted some info on our new line. Check out the testimonials. If you have any questions give me a call and pass to the others.

Steve

• Mook

Posted August 28, 2001 - 10:28 AM

Originally posted by freestyle111:
you can let my girlfriend ride on your handlebars at 315 lbs shes better than a airbag.

ROTFLMAO !!!!!!

• MichaelAngelo

Posted August 29, 2001 - 01:39 PM

Sorry ...don't understand the ROTFLMAO!!!!

M
Als, thanks for the Techvest update.

• MichaelAngelo

Posted August 29, 2001 - 01:41 PM

Oh yeah, rolling on the floor laughing my $%^& off. Thanks

M

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MichaelAngelo

Posted August 30, 2001 - 04:51 PM

Hey Steve from techvest....do I get a discount 0r does Armourbl for the fee advertising on the TT? Just a thought. I'd sure like one of these but the price is a bit steep. Is your cost that high?

M....how about a discount for anyone who saw it on Thumpertalk, say, 20% off.

• armourbl

Posted August 30, 2001 - 05:57 PM

Well, I can't claim all the credit...if you read of few post above mine someone mentioned the TekVest. I simply put the direct link to the dirtbike models and gave my opinion.

I too recently went down and suffered injuries that probably were half caused by my plastic chest protector. I plan on buying a TekVest, but I'm having trouble finding the cash after needing to replace my bars from the crash and picking up some Pro Rally brush gaurds....

So Steve, how about a discount buddy. I'll even do better if you send me a vest at a discounted rate. I could be you Phoenix area promoter or something....You know, just show up at the local MX tracks and strut it for your company....you know the idea

ben

------------------
2001 WR250F
Panoram computer
Fly bars
jet kit
Grey wire mod

• armourbl

Posted August 30, 2001 - 06:06 PM

check out this guy's story...
http://www.tekrider.com/my_tekvest.htm

ben

------------------
2001 WR250F
Panoram computer
Fly bars
jet kit
Grey wire mod

• MichaelAngelo

Posted August 31, 2001 - 05:25 AM

Cool story Ben, and you are right...that guy from Canada deserves the credit for mentioning techvest.

We haven't heard from Steve yet.

Michael (Central Valley rep?)

• Steve_Brand

Posted September 01, 2001 - 06:20 AM

Originally posted by MichaelAngelo:
Cool story Ben, and you are right...that guy from Canada deserves the credit for mentioning techvest.

We haven't heard from Steve yet.

Michael (Central Valley rep?)

Hi all thumper types. Don't want to get too commercial here but as a way of getting some exposure for our new line we will offer a 20% discount for members. Offer good until 01Oct01. In the meantime please consider asking for it at any Parts Unlimited dealer or go to www.denniskirk.com. In Canada contact us direct.

If interested please hit me through our website as I don't get into this forum too often.

Thanks for the feedback and keep the rubber side down.

Steve

PS Need some tips on TTR power and front suspension mods. Have to keep riding this until Yamaha makes me a WR250 thumper with the magic button.

• MichaelAngelo

Posted September 01, 2001 - 05:51 PM

Allright Steve!! You are the man. I will get my order in by the deadline. Thanks. I'm not the guy to answer you questions about suspension mods. Check the archives. Anyway, thanks again,

Michael

• Thumper33

Posted September 01, 2001 - 07:16 PM

I'm interested in the discount as well, but do we just call up denniskirk.com?

BTW, the link above didn't work because of the period at the end. here ya go...
www.denniskirk.com

• Steve_Brand

Posted September 03, 2001 - 02:39 PM

Originally posted by Thumper33:
I'm interested in the discount as well, but do we just call up denniskirk.com?

BTW, the link above didn't work because of the period at the end. here ya go...
www.denniskirk.com

Sorry for the confusion. 20% discount only available when ordering direct form Tekrider and only for TT members. This 20% discount not available through PU dealers or Dennis Kirk.

Steve

• MichaelAngelo

Posted September 03, 2001 - 04:01 PM

Thanks Steve- You'll be hearing from me soon.

M

• armourbl

Posted September 03, 2001 - 06:04 PM

Man oh man, just did the math and that means for the Rally Tri Sport with optional shoulder pads and 20% discount is a $70 savings.

Regular price $350, discount price $280

Thanks Steve

ben

------------------
2001 WR250F
Panoram computer
Fly bars
jet kit
Grey wire mod

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.