Fork Boot Size?

4 replies to this topic
  • SONODROOPY

Posted October 10, 2005 - 02:56 PM

My 95 XR600R has the stock fork boots that are purple, and I want to change to red. I have always had good luck with the the rubber type that you zip tie to the fork. Anyone know where I can get a replacement rubber boot in red and what size I need? The guy at my local Honda dealer says I need to take measurements and he can order one from the aftermarket. What should I measure? I will order one myself and pay less. :banghead:

Your help is greatly appreciated.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 10, 2005 - 04:14 PM

measure the forks.....pretty simple......also make a compressed and fully extended measurement.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • don87xr600

Posted October 10, 2005 - 04:34 PM

43mm with 12 inches of travel.

• SONODROOPY

Posted October 10, 2005 - 09:22 PM

43mm with 12 inches of travel.

Hey Don, do you have a good source where I can get a set? :banghead:

• don87xr600

Posted October 11, 2005 - 07:44 AM

Dennis kirk has a set in red, part no.58-639. $24.99. give TT a call and try them first through.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.