Who's getting an 06'?

25 replies to this topic
  • PITCOCK

Posted October 13, 2005 - 07:20 AM

NOT IN 15 DAYS NOT UNTIL DEC. :banghead: I WORK FOR A MAJOR DEALERSHIP AND TALKED TO MY YAMAHA REP WHO CANNOT GET HIS UNTIL DEC.? MAYBE U HAVE CONNECTIONS THAT YAMAHA REPS DONT HAVE

• markhardgrove

Posted October 13, 2005 - 07:25 AM

Its official December 15th on the 2006 YZ450's. I ordered mine from Motorcycle Consolidators in Canada in July. No problem for me my 2003 YZ i450 is still running strong and is still smoking most guys!

• SCIENCE

Posted October 13, 2005 - 12:18 PM

You have to assume that 12/15 the first 450F for each dealer will land. For those of you 2-10 on the list, it looks like you'll get your '06 in '06! Most likelyin February.
Boy did Yamaha ever drop the ball!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted October 13, 2005 - 12:25 PM

You have to assume that 12/15 the first 450F for each dealer will land. For those of you 2-10 on the list, it looks like you'll get your '06 in '06! Most likelyin February.
Boy did Yamaha ever drop the ball!

Yea but look at it this way...if you bought the 06 honda you would be on your 2nd set of valves....... :banghead:

• muddza

Posted October 13, 2005 - 12:39 PM

Will definately be getting one come this time next year when all the '07's are hitting showromm floors. This means huge discounts at my local dealer, this year I picked up my '05' for $8500 $AUS and will definately be getting the yellow and black.....

• SCIENCE

Posted October 13, 2005 - 12:47 PM

LOL, I did buy an '06 Honda! Knock-on-wood, this is my second one. I ran my '04 60 hours and the valves were within spec when I sold. I know 60 hours isn't much, but 2 little kids (that aren't riding yet) take up some hobby time! I have a couple buddies w/over 125 hours on their '05's w/no need for even shims! Conversely, I know a couple guys who have had many valve problems w/their CRF's.
Anyways, I don't think that the CRF's are as well engineered as the YZF's, but if you stay on top of the air filter, oil changes & don't rev the thing to the moon they wear well. Before these 2 CRF's, I rode nothing but Yamaha since 1978. I love the 250F (had an '03), but didn't care for the 450F's handling. When Yami released the specs on the '06's, I was 2nd in line at my dealer (got a nice OTD price as well). Once i found out I had to wait until November I was a little skeptical, but figured I'd ride my '04 CRF till then. Out of the blue in early September, an old riding buddy offered me a good money for my CRF. I couldn't turn it down as sometimes used bikes are hard to move, especially CRF's as there is a glut of them. Called my Yami dealer that week only to be told that 2nd on the list may not get me a bike until January. Frankly, I didn't want to wait that long as the Fall/Early winter is the best riding out here. So, I went w/another CRF. I'm hopeful that the YZF will be a great bike and even better in '07 as I'll probably go that route.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.