Racing the mighty crf 450's

3 replies to this topic
  • treukauf

Posted October 10, 2005 - 09:35 AM

I went riding this weekend and when we finished we all lined up on some good ground and drag raced. I always thought the crf 450s were quite a bit faster than my 00 wr 400( its yz cam and ignition timed, with gutted exhaust and jd jetting.) To my suprise I won every time; even on rolling starts. It wasn't a long race either, probably only to 50 mph maybe 60mph. The crfs were an 02 and an 03 with good riders. My buddy has a yz 400, and he gets beat by em. I guess its just curiousity getting the best of me. Has anyone else gone up against the crf 450s and kicked butt. Each one of em had an excuse why I won too lol. I was under the impression that the 400 with the steel valves and lower redline was a little below the 426 and 450 so i was gonna get a big bore to keep up.

Maybe this was just some freakish set up or maybe my wr was just p*ssd off that day.

Cornering was a different issue tho. I was very far behind. ( anyone want to trade a yz tank setup for my wr one.

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 10, 2005 - 10:09 AM

The magazines never truely appreciate the 5 valve Yamaha motor! We all know that they kick serious ass when it come to putting the power down and accelerating. Try an 04 YZ450! It absolutely rips! :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goodluckmonkey

Posted October 10, 2005 - 10:18 AM

It's all about traction. What's power worth if you can't get it to the floor. :banghead:

• byggd

Posted October 10, 2005 - 10:44 AM

It's all about traction. What's power worth if you can't get it to the floor. :banghead:

You got it, power to the ground is what's it's all about! I did some drag racing in a past life and wheel spin looks cool but sure doesn't win the race :banghead:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.