'98 wr400

1 reply to this topic
  • MONTANATHUMPER

Posted October 08, 2005 - 09:34 PM

I've read hours of threads and can't find any that tackle the AP squirt issue on a '98 WR400. Is there any way to adjust the squirt on this carb???? As far as I know there is no leak jet and I can't do the BK mod so what's left??? just good old fashion jetting and if so were do I start. I just pulled the carb tonight it has all the stock jets and setting however the off idle flame-out is killing me. I'm in Minnesota and the temp I noticed the prob. in was about 65-70 degrees and I would guess 70% humidity because it was overcased and had rained earlier in the day. My mods are FMF Q exhaust (no header) cut out snorkal, and twin air filter, and that's it. The bike seems to run great everywhere but just off idle in the slow technical sections. I have a Zyp-ty fuel screw coming and know I need to bump up the throttle a little and I'm thinking I need to go richer on the pj but would like feedback.

Thanks in advance

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dirt_rebel

Posted October 08, 2005 - 09:40 PM

search for taffy mod. this mod applies to 98 wr400f squirt pump

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.