YZ pipe for my WR

3 replies to this topic
  • vorra65

Posted October 08, 2005 - 08:09 AM

Iv'e seen post's regarding the use of the YZ pipe on the WR. Well, I've taken so much valuable info. from this forum - I thought maybe I should pony up and give something back.

Scored a used 03 YZ pipe from a member here at TT. Purchased the Dr. D S/A as well as their quiet core and bolt kit to mate the YZ pipe up to the WR. So, I'm into all the parts for less than $250. BTW, the bolt kit isn't really necessary ($13) all you really need is a longer 8mm bolt for the back mount. The stock WR pipe weigh's 8.4 lb and the YZ with the added S/A weigh's in at 5.7 lb.

Very noticable difference in sound as well as performance-sweet.
I'l get some db readings and post them up. I know alot of TT'rs swear by the PMB, but it just didn't do anything for me-with all those visible holes in the insert. Anyway, to each his own. :banghead:

Fit and overall ease of installation, on a scale of 1-10 this mod get's a 10. Excellent instructions with detailed photo's. Packaging and service (ordered on wednesday-recv'd friday) get a 10 as well.

Pic's-
YZ can with the cap removed
Dr. D S/A component's
Dr. D endcap with the packing in
Done & doner
Side view

• Hattrick_44

Posted October 08, 2005 - 09:23 AM

That's looks nice! Did you need to re-jet? What size did you go to?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vorra65

Posted October 08, 2005 - 09:38 AM

That's looks nice! Did you need to re-jet? What size did you go to?

If you go HERE
you can see what I have been dealing with.

Thanks for the props. :banghead:

• GCannon

Posted October 11, 2005 - 10:13 AM

Nice work I am running a YZ pipe on my 02 WR426 (had to Canadian pipe) I am very happy with the performance but it is too loud (I like the sound but nobody elese does) I have been getting away with it in the low desert and the street ( Harleys are way louder) but i fear that one ticket woud buy a new pipe. I am curious about the sound readings Please let us know It may be a better option for me than buying a Q2

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.