Starter replacement

3 replies to this topic
  • fitzy

Posted October 07, 2005 - 05:46 PM

Up for a new starter on my 03 WR450. will an 04/05 starter fit and are they any better or should I just put a new 03 one in??
Tried new brushes in mine and still no good. Think the armeture is poling out as its got a real burning smell inside and gets hot, still turns over somtimes fast somtimes slow out of the bike but runs the battery down flat real quick!! Bush on the end seems fine and can't see anywhere inside that is scraping. so i think she be scrap :banghead:
Thanks guys and cheers from OZ :banghead:

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 07, 2005 - 05:54 PM

I believe they are all the same part number. Just order the 03 motor. About $210. I replaced mine a few weeks ago. :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Blaster21996

Posted October 08, 2005 - 05:55 AM

I replaced mine for 175.88. Part #5TJ-81890-10-00

• fitzy

Posted October 08, 2005 - 01:49 PM

Thanks guy's I'll order one monday :banghead:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.