Black rims I want em bad

8 replies to this topic
  • halen16

Posted October 07, 2005 - 04:10 PM

Yeah so i want some bling bling black rims like excels,,,how much do u think it will cost me, I also looked in to getting my rims re done by this place,,, can any one shed a lil light on this subject, i would like to reuse my hubs and spokes, i dont mind tring to lace my self and bringing it to the shop for trueing........ :banghead:

• Satch0922

Posted October 07, 2005 - 06:19 PM

take it from someone crowned the "king of bling" rims are cool BUT they don't make you faster and look like hell after you have used them for a few months..

Posted October 07, 2005 - 07:39 PM

Well, i had my rims anodized and it cost about 65$. And since i had takin everything apart myself i firgured why not have the hubs powdercoated while im waiting on the wheels so i had them done yamaha blue and they came out nice and it only cost me 75$ with a grand total of ~135$ and I got lucky and was able to use the same nipples and spokes, thank god they didnt seize or that would have been another 100$ or more, heres a pic, oh and by the way i laced and trued the wheels myself. its easy it just requires patience.:banghead:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• ripntear

Posted October 08, 2005 - 02:34 AM

Nice scoot! Looks clean man, clean.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aschultz91

Posted October 08, 2005 - 04:18 AM

do you guys think you could powdercoat the actual rims themselves. Powdercoat is really strong and would last a long time so it woudl be better than anodizing.

• scottmotox

Posted October 08, 2005 - 04:37 AM

i had some anodized and they looked good, i would recommend it. not sure about powdercoating though

• phat_450f

Posted October 08, 2005 - 06:46 AM

I have heard that the anodized parts tend to fade with the sun after a while. Powder coat doesnt.

• halen16

Posted October 09, 2005 - 07:09 PM

Naflash the rims look good thanks for your input!

• halen16

Posted October 09, 2005 - 07:11 PM

MAR, i need some 19 in for the rear and 21 for the front. i have a yz426f

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.