Wanted: Bars higher and farther forward!

34 replies to this topic
  • oldbones

Posted October 07, 2005 - 02:06 PM

I am currently running the stock triple clamp with a set of adapters for fat bars that raise the bars 3/4". I am running Flexx bars, which feel about the same position as the CR HI bars I had mounted in the same setup before.

The bars are still too low, and especially too far back for me. I ride standing 80% of the time, and the bars just need to be forward another inch or so for me to be comfortable.

I have seen the Thumper Racing stretched risers, this looks like my best option, but they won't work with my stock triple clamp ('02 WR 426).

Any suggestions on a top clamp that will work with these risers? Anyone have something for sale that would help me? Anyone have another idea that I might want to try?

OH, and yes, I tried the lower peg position. No worky. Too many hidden rocks and stumps around where I ride for lowered pegs, broken feet are no good.

• clark4131

Posted October 07, 2005 - 03:46 PM

Here are a couple options...SC

MX-Tech
Pro Taper

• oldbones

Posted October 07, 2005 - 07:54 PM

Thanks for the links.

I think MX tech only makes em for the KTM.

The ProTaper clamps look good, and would move the bars forward, and probably be about the same height as what I have now. They only list part #'s for the YZ, do you know if they work for the WR?

• clark4131

Posted October 07, 2005 - 08:57 PM

According to the Yamaha website specifications, the forks for the '05 YZ and WR are the same. "48mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork w/adjustable compression and rebound damping; 11.8" travel." I'd call Pro Taper on Monday to doublecheck, or perhaps someone will chime in on this thread one way or the other...SC

• Bamster

Posted October 08, 2005 - 05:20 AM

I was going to sugjest A,J's too. :banghead:
http://www.mts.net/~andyj/barrisers/

• oldbones

Posted October 08, 2005 - 09:10 AM

Posted Image

This is exactly what I was looking for! I knew my TT brothers would come through for me!

Thanks a bunch, I will most likely order up a set right away. :banghead:

• Joe Reitman

Posted October 08, 2005 - 12:20 PM

Posted Image

This is exactly what I was looking for! I knew my TT brothers would come through for me!

Thanks a bunch, I will most likely order up a set right away. :banghead:

Looks like about 1.5" forward and about 1.5" up. That's pretty significant change. SHould make the bike turn better too. Please let us know how they are. :banghead:

• oldbones

Posted October 08, 2005 - 01:35 PM

If it makes the ergo's feel ANYTHING like my buddy's Husky 510 with ProTech risers I tried the other day, I'll be in nirvana!

• Joe Reitman

Posted October 09, 2005 - 08:38 AM

Wheelies are a lot easier also :banghead: Since your upper body is pushed back a bit.

Pushed back? These are meant to be installed to move the bar forward I thought?

• oldbones

Posted October 09, 2005 - 08:41 AM

Yes, forward.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oldbones

Posted October 11, 2005 - 08:31 AM

Woo Hoo! Risers are on their way, can't wait! If this makes anywhere near the difference that I suspect it will, I am going to be SO stoked!

• Joe Reitman

Posted October 14, 2005 - 02:21 PM

Well, since they move up your upper body is moved back.

The angle of forks is what make the forward position necessary. If you didn't move them forward they would come further back since you have raised them.

I just found that my upper body was further back and the bike wheelied a lot easier. Nice when you need to clear the front tire over something, effortless.

OK, now I see. Thanks.

• oldbones

Posted October 19, 2005 - 04:44 PM

Yeah, Baby!!! :banghead:

Posted Image

Risers just came today, and 5 minutes later they were on the bike. A quick rip around the neighborhood verified my suspicion that THIS MOD ROCKS!

Man, the riding position is SO much better for me. Standing is now a no brainer. My legs are comfortably straight, back not hunched over, and I am leaning forward with my body straight instead of bent over at the waist.

Man, I can't wait to get a whole day's ride on these puppies! It's like having a new bike! :banghead:

• oldbones

Posted August 01, 2006 - 06:16 PM

TT, why did you blank out the web address to these great bar risers? They were'nt advertising here, just word of mouth. There are TT members looking for this great product, and you are blocking them from finding it just because you can't find a way to make some money off the transaction. I think that sucks.

• oldbones

Posted August 01, 2006 - 06:25 PM

Guys, if you want to find these risers, google "bar risers online", that might work.

By the way, I am in no way connected to the company that sells this product, nor do I know ANYONE that is. I recieve NO benefit if you decide you want some. None of my friends do either. This paragraph is a blatant disclaimer against the TT gestapo who blacked out the earlier posts which pisses me right the f*** off.

• Turismo

Posted August 01, 2006 - 06:36 PM

TT, why did you blank out the web address to these great bar risers? They were'nt advertising here, just word of mouth. There are TT members looking for this great product, and you are blocking them from finding it just because you can't find a way to make some money off the transaction. I think that sucks.

I take it you're banned now too? :thumbsup:

• Turismo

Posted August 01, 2006 - 07:03 PM

Hello? Oldbones? :thumbsup:

• 04450wrF

Posted August 01, 2006 - 07:49 PM

do you think freedom of speech covers good ol fashioned income protection?

go through the available products on TT and any that arent already being sold here, feel free to mention. other than that, expect to be shut down.

• oldbones

Posted August 01, 2006 - 07:54 PM

If that's the case, then I don't need this website, do I? I can just pick up a catalog and get the same information.

Isn't that how the Communist party runs things? If it ain't the party line, burn it?

If I get banned for spreading the word about a great dirtbike product that I heard about ON this website, then that's just fine. I may ride blue, but the boys at the orange website will let me hang out there, and I bet they aren't pinko's either!

• Turismo

Posted August 01, 2006 - 08:25 PM

You're alive!!!!!
TT is going VERY soft now........

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.