Trouble getting right flywheel pullers

1 reply to this topic
  • andychips

Posted October 07, 2005 - 10:14 AM

Ordered flywheel pullers for my 03 wr450, from Fowlers Uk, came back and are too big, yet the part number in the manual and the part no on the pullers which states 04142, I have measured the pullers and it is inteernal thread of 33mm, on my wr, I measured the thread and it is 30mm, have things changed on the newer models :banghead: :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Spadman450

Posted October 07, 2005 - 12:48 PM

Yes. The 05 WR has the 33mm threads, while the 03/04 have 30mm. This change occurred along with an upgrade to the left side of the crank journals and required a new rotor and starter gear (one direction #3). The crank end is bigger and eliminates the step down.

Don E

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.