Main & Pilot jets for XR650L

27 replies to this topic
  • HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 07, 2005 - 08:30 AM

Anyone have a good source to pick up a small assortment of Keihin main and pilot jets for a stock XR650L, 42.5mm diaphragm-type CV Keihin carburetor? I found a set of Mains in the TT catalog, but not a specific listing for the pilot (slow) jet for this model, I am carburatorally challanged, so keep the laughter to a minimum if this is a stupid question. I am planning on doing the carb mods as per Dave's directions, i just want a few sizes to play with. The local Honda dealership was less than interested in talking to me unless i wanted to purchase a whole new bike... and as i dont need THAT many spare parts...

• supaflyryan

Posted October 07, 2005 - 08:35 AM

http://www.carbparts.com is what was recommended to me. Haven't personally tried them though.

• goblin127

Posted October 07, 2005 - 08:51 AM

You want the keihn 55 pilot (slow) and a 158 main. Try a diff. dealer even if they sell other brands of bikes, they can order anything. I got mine through the local yamaha shop.

• Shawn_Mc

Posted October 07, 2005 - 09:02 AM

Call Sudco. You can look them up online at www.Sudco.com

They've got every single carb part and jet that is available.

If you only want one jet, they'll sell you one jet.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 07, 2005 - 09:13 AM

thank you for the quick responses... but another dumb question follows:

How do i know which type or series are used in this thing? i cant seem to find an answer for that anywhere.

• goblin127

Posted October 07, 2005 - 11:54 AM

Series 22

• TREADMARKS

Posted October 07, 2005 - 12:01 PM

thank you for the quick responses... but another dumb question follows:

How do i know which type or series are used in this thing? i cant seem to find an answer for that anywhere.

Call carbparts
Tell them you have a 650L and the right jets show up on your doorstep. :banghead:

• Hayden

Posted October 07, 2005 - 08:18 PM

I have an L also. I am running a 165/50 with a full WB pipe. These jets are pretty common and come in other carbs. I used the same Main in my XRL as I do in my KLX 650. The Pilots are different thought. Anyway go to a dirt bike shop or mom and pop place. They will have trays filled with all kinds or jets for ya.

Hayden

• klmmicro

Posted October 08, 2005 - 10:39 AM

I just went to one of the cycle shops and bought them piece. They cost like $4 and they should have them in stock. I have a 160 DynaJet in my carb now, but am going to switch it out with a 160 Keihin jet and a shimmed stock needle. A jet is too small a part to be worth the shipping associated.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 11, 2005 - 11:09 AM

Thank you everyone for the input, but i guess im going to have to yank them out and take them to a shop to physically match them up, because no-one at any local shop i stopped at can give me a straight answer as to what is actually in it (including 2 seperate Honda dealers). I get the same questions everywhere i go: Is the main a large or small round slotted, is the slow a series 21 or 22... If i was 100% positive of that, i wouldnt be asking them... doncha think? good gawd, these are service techs, THEY should have the books to tell ME what i need, I DID go there for help. Maybe i am nieve, but i would think a Honda dealership should have that information available. *shakes head in disgust*

*SIGH*

I havent had a chance to call Carbparts or SUDCO yet, maybe tomorrow night.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted October 11, 2005 - 04:11 PM

www.sudco.com

Hit up the web page. Its a veritble cornicopia of information...

Ya know, its not often you can work the word cornicopia into a sentence...

And the shipping is cheap...they mail stuff to ya...

keihin slow jets

Keihin Main jets

:banghead:

Just go pull your jets and come back in the house and match them up! :banghead:

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 12, 2005 - 04:59 AM

Thanks Shawn, I will call them when i get the chance, probably tonight. Unfortunately my bike is stored some 60+ miles from where i live, i wanted to have them in hand when i got there so i didnt have to drive to get them, drive back to buy a few, then drive back to install & tinker with them. I dont mind driving, but id rather be driving the bike.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 12, 2005 - 05:00 AM

+5 points for good word usage. *L*

• roadcam

Posted October 12, 2005 - 05:37 AM

yup, except it's 'cornUcopia' .... :banghead:

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 12, 2005 - 06:07 AM

-5 points for spelling. *L*

Yin/Yang

it all equals out in the end...

• Shawn_Mc

Posted October 12, 2005 - 07:16 AM

yup, except it's 'cornUcopia' .... :lol:

I know :banghead:

I was trying to be facetious. :banghead:

• Shawn_Mc

Posted October 12, 2005 - 07:18 AM

yup, except it's 'cornUcopia' .... :lol:

I know :banghead:

I was trying to be facetious. :banghead:

A little OCC type humor....like when Paul Sr. say "idea'r" :lol:

• roadcam

Posted October 12, 2005 - 12:58 PM

soory ... I had no ideer .. or I woldnt never had sed nuthin ....

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 12, 2005 - 03:10 PM

If anyone is interested, i just got an email back from SUDCO, according to them
"Sudco wrote:

The Mains are the 393 series and the pilots are 26 series.
They are $4.45 each and sold separately. We sell and stock them in the range you requested.

Thanks, "

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 12, 2005 - 03:12 PM

goblin, where did you get the 22 series number? i'm more inclined to believe someone here than i am some parts-weenie after my recent experience. are you sure that is a valid number? did you order any in that series? did they fit?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.