Who knows the Stock Jet setup?

3 replies to this topic
  • dirtysouth

Posted October 07, 2005 - 05:47 AM

I'm itching to mod my carb for better performance and I think the JD/Boyesen/Zipty setup sounds good. Just need to learn about all the different aspects of this Mod cuz this will be my first time diggin into the carb on my bike. Is the FACTORY setup for my carb in Mobile, AL the same for someone in Colorado? That wouldn't make sense to me considering all what I have read. Where do I find my FACTORY info?
Love the jet Dbase. That's why I want the factory specs. Need to compare leak jet and pilot jet sizes etc. :banghead:

• Texas4play

Posted October 07, 2005 - 06:04 AM

Dirty,

The factory specs are in the manual. You need to post your elevation and temp but, you're not going to be the same as Colorado.

Only thing I can really advise is to NOT go crazy with changing out all the different carb specs and add-on's.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtysouth

Posted October 07, 2005 - 06:19 AM

Dirty,

The factory specs are in the manual. You need to post your elevation and temp but, you're not going to be the same as Colorado.

Only thing I can really advise is to NOT go crazy with changing out all the different carb specs and add-on's.

:banghead: Thanks dude, I wasn't looking hard enough. I don't wanna go overboard just wanna get better response off the bottom. Thanks again.

• clark4131

Posted October 07, 2005 - 09:15 AM

Stock Setup:
165 Main
45 Pilot
50 Leak
80 Pilot Air Jet
Non-adjustable needle
Blocked fuel screw

Read my post on "Dialing in the '05's Jetting" and if you have any questions, lemme know. I've spent a ton of time on the '05 jetting issue with just about every mod and aftermarket goody out there :banghead: ...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.