XR 650R Crotch Rocket?

27 replies to this topic
  • Thumpmeister

Posted October 06, 2005 - 11:56 PM

Check this out guys. Ever since I saw one pic of this bike, I had to find it, cause the bike is utterly insane. Go to this site here, and on the side it says 'bikes', and click on that. This has got to be one of the most tricked out XR 650 SM's I've yet to see...

http://www.off-racing.com/ :banghead:

• 4Takt

Posted October 07, 2005 - 06:29 AM

What a waste of a perfectly good dirt bike :banghead:

4Takt

• supaflyryan

Posted October 07, 2005 - 08:32 AM

So it's no longer able to ride on the dirt anymore due to tires/suspension, and it's slower than any sportbike. I'll pass.

• huntmaster

Posted October 07, 2005 - 08:45 AM

Looks more like an attempt to build an old style clubman roadracer then a Motard project? Still, a CBR600RR would be cheaper, almost as light and have another 50 hp! Whatever turns your crank I guess!

So it's no longer able to ride on the dirt anymore due to tires/suspension, and it's slower than any sportbike. I'll pass.

• AdamW

Posted October 07, 2005 - 08:49 AM

On a super tight road course, that bike would actually hold its own against much faster sportbikes.

• Misfit

Posted October 07, 2005 - 09:59 AM

That bike looks pretty sweet but theres no way it could keep up with a sportbike in a drag race. :banghead:

• Troy_Bell

Posted October 07, 2005 - 10:43 AM

Leave it to the Japanese to screw up a perfectly good dirt bike. It appears that rice-boy has too much time on his hands. What next, a CBR desert racer?

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted October 07, 2005 - 10:57 AM

Interesting. I admire the effort involved, but that's alot of work to build something you could buy a better version of in a sportbike.

• TimBrp

Posted October 07, 2005 - 10:59 AM

Albeit a good project. The bike would hold it's own against any stictly street machine in the twisty's. However, I do it in the dirt, period.

• captb

Posted October 07, 2005 - 04:23 PM

I ride mine on the street all summer at night here, it's too hot here off road, these are a blast on the street even with knobbies, broadslides, fly over curbs, up the side of overpasses, shortcuts off the freeway in traffic jams, all the shit I can't do on my XX and if you dump it, no $2000 in repairs. No it won 't do a 180 mph but still it's a featherweight as far as the street goes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted October 07, 2005 - 04:37 PM

hey, lets put a turbo, nos, race susp, head, pistons, and nos on a geo prizim......no thanks.

• BIG RED

Posted October 07, 2005 - 04:38 PM

very cool! i'd love to try that bad boy

• captb

Posted October 07, 2005 - 05:12 PM

Supermoto

• Thumpmeister

Posted October 07, 2005 - 09:45 PM

I thought it was a pretty cool work or art. I bet it would outhandle a crotch rocket in the twisty's, but in the long run a crotch rocket would win cause thats what it was meant for.
I bet that thing would still be a kick to ride in some mountain backroads, and I bet it rips pretty good too.

• cholwerk

Posted October 08, 2005 - 07:43 AM

hey, lets put a turbo, nos, race susp, head, pistons, and nos on a geo prizim......no thanks.

I understand that you are oposed to putting double NOS on a geo, but what do you have against spuermoto??? Have you ever ridden anything besides you XL650???

• cat0020

Posted October 08, 2005 - 08:25 AM

Here's another picture of it:

Posted Image

For those who have been to Japan, there isn't much pavement available for triple digit speed, instead the motorcycles over there are more orienter for better handling.
I've taken my XR650R supermotard on the track before, I had no problem keeping up with the RC51

Posted Image

This is Supermotard:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's my street legal supermotard XR650R

Posted Image

• resslera

Posted October 08, 2005 - 08:51 AM

I think that bike is god aweful ugly but I'm guessing it has a bit more than 50hp and a topspeed a lot more than we are familiar with on our bikes. Check out how small that rear sprocket and those pipes are insane!

• Kritter

Posted October 08, 2005 - 12:08 PM

Where is the kick starter?

• cat0020

Posted October 09, 2005 - 04:39 AM

I would assume that like any high performance race bike, the electric/kick starter is eliminated to save precious weight, probably use a separate small engine to bump start the XR engine while it's on the lift stand, just like the Moto GP bikes.

• Scott V

Posted October 09, 2005 - 10:14 AM

Here is a better idea!
:banghead:

http://4strokesonly....R650RTurbo.html

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.