wheel swap?

2 replies to this topic
  • beefjerky

Posted October 06, 2005 - 08:58 PM

I posted this in the DRZ forum also. I'm hurting for an answer so I felt the need to ask you yammie guys also. Thanks.

I have a DRZ 400 AND a wr400f. The wr has a spooged motor, and the drz has a thrown wheel bearing. Will a wr rear wheel fit a drz? the hubs look a "little" different, but the brakes look the same. I'm trying to figure this out before I attempt it so I'll know if I'm riding out of here tomorrow after work or........ NOT. Thanks in advance, this place rocks!

Yes I did a search, but "DRZ WR WHEEL SPECS" yields a whole array of results that aren't related.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tp3dxf

Posted October 06, 2005 - 09:17 PM

Try to mount the WR wheel to the DRZ and tell us what happened. I think the brake rotor on the WR may not fit into the DRZ caliper. It will be easy to see when you have it on the bike stand.

• mousemeat

Posted October 07, 2005 - 07:51 AM

I have a pair of KTM pre-'03 wheels in my 04 WR450. I had to machine the spacers, put a 950 Adventure disk on the rear and fit an oversized brake caliper in the front.

I looked into this pretty good and didnt find anything on DRZ wheels.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.