2001 WR426F Clutch Push Rod Removal

6 replies to this topic
  • kranswall

Posted October 06, 2005 - 06:14 PM

Hey all,

Got a problem here. I busted the spring that puts tension on the clutch Push Rod. :banghead:

Ok, so got new spring...but I can't get the Push rod out. I of course have removed the Bolt that holds the Seat plate down. The push rod comes up about 1/4" very easily, then stops dead.

How do I get this thing out? :banghead:

Thanks,

Matt
Colorado

• kranswall

Posted October 06, 2005 - 07:26 PM

The Yamaha manual just says "remove push rod" I can't figure what it's sticking on.

Any ideas? I'm am due to head to Moab for 4 days tomorrow.

• jonova

Posted October 10, 2005 - 01:20 PM

Grab it with a pair of needle nose. It is a tight fit and some times can get hung up if you don't pull it out straight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tshe1

Posted October 11, 2005 - 02:50 AM

as far i can see at the manual you need to remove the pressure plate.

• slipper40

Posted October 11, 2005 - 04:47 AM

Yep you have to remove pressure plate as the top of the rod has a removable cup with a lip on it that seats on the inside of the plate it looks a bit like a top hat cheers Steve

• jonova

Posted October 11, 2005 - 01:28 PM

Oh yeh gota have the pressue plate off.

kranswall - I thought you had the pressue plate off already. Sorry for the miss info. :banghead: My bad. Once the pressue plate is off the push rod (rod that goes through the case) comes right out then you can take out the push lever (what you are calling the push lever).

Steps:
Remove pressue plate.
Remove push rod
Remove Push lever (what you are calling the push rod)

• kranswall

Posted October 14, 2005 - 09:25 PM

I'll give it another shot tomorrow, though I have tried pliers.

Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.