Have anyone fitted the W.E.R steering damper?

3 replies to this topic
  • Yamahan

Posted October 06, 2005 - 05:45 PM

I ride a '05 WR450F.

Have any of you fitted the W.E.R. steering damper? :banghead: I believe it to be a Ausie product. Seems to be half the price of a Scott's Damper. And with the Scott's I have to do a away with my brand new Renthal Bars and Triple clamp :banghead:
Or maybe any other suggestions on which steering damper to go for for us financially deprived riders.

• Matty05

Posted October 06, 2005 - 08:01 PM

I have one here ready to fit to my girly's bike.
They get pretty great reviews and don't feel "muddy" like some others do.

From what I have seen, Scott's damper sets the standard. That could just be marketing too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ARin

Posted October 06, 2005 - 08:12 PM

WER has no free return to center.

setting it apart....and WAY below a scotts IMHO

• hitman hart

Posted October 07, 2005 - 08:54 PM

hi howzit goin yeah i have a wer damper on my o3 wrf 450,i think they r made in the us by steve hatch?i find it very gd as ive had wrist problems and it takes the sting out of any sudden deflections,on the wr u have to pop rivet the bracket onto steering stem,make sure u get it reeeaal tight,i ended up gluing it on as well so it wouldnt work loose. :banghead:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.