FMF factory 4 and powerbomb header???

6 replies to this topic
  • 450_rider

Posted October 06, 2005 - 03:47 PM

So i put a FMF factory 4 exhaust and mid pipe on my bike and my local dealer ordered me a powerbomb header and they told me it will fit but it turns out the two pipes, the mid pipe and header don't go together very well it only slides on about 1/4". :banghead: So do any of you guys know if they are able to go together or did i just get a lemon from FMF. Thanks

• revolucien

Posted October 06, 2005 - 03:56 PM

I've got that setup and it fits great and runs great. I started with everything very loosely mounted and then snugged it in and no problems at all.

• 642MX

Posted October 06, 2005 - 04:30 PM

Mine was tight too. I bent the tabs on the mid pipe out just a little bit and it slid right together.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 07, 2005 - 08:50 AM

Is it an issue with the header and pipe fitting too tightly to slide any farther together, or is it that the header seems not to be long enough?

In the first case, a penetrating oil spray designed to use on automotive exhaust dampers may help.

In the latter, try pushing the mid pipe as far forward as possible, loosen the header at the head, and try to reposition the header so that the end moves farther back. Using a new gasket will help. My Ti4, which is basically identical, fits fine.

• sldietz

Posted October 07, 2005 - 03:59 PM

I had the same problem with my Ti set up. Just bend the tabs on the header out a bit...I used a little WD40 as'll burn off when you start it...and the clamp pulled the tabs back into position when I tightend it all down.

• 450_rider

Posted October 07, 2005 - 07:14 PM

I went to my dealer and showed them what the problem was since the pipes didn't slide together far enough they told me to keep working it in and out and it will go together and when i got home i ended up using a rubber mallet to finally get them together so i guess its designed to be tight since there is no gasket. Thanks

• CampCounty4Fifty

Posted May 07, 2006 - 10:26 PM

same pipe set up .......... is it just me, or does the muffler really stick out a long long way (this is the 14" inch muffler, not the 16") but it still is really out there. Almost as much as the stock muffler. Any ideas on shortening up this set-up ? or just live with it ? :crazy:

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.