WER damper installation Photos

1 reply to this topic
  • AUS_WR450

Posted October 06, 2005 - 05:01 AM

G'day All,

If anyone has a WER steering damper installed on their WR450, please could you send me some photos of the installation. In particular, I am interested in seeing how the actuator arm passes through the headlight shroud, and also how the U shaped bracket, mounts onto the steering head.

My email is spammer@optusnet.com.au (yes, it is a fair dinkum email address)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted October 06, 2005 - 07:24 AM

i would not reccomend that you use that u-shaped bracket,you must drill through the oil reservoir part of the frame to use it. i made up a bracket from 3/4" angle iron and tig welded it to the frame(be sure to disconnect the CDI) as far as the headlight shroud you must cut some of it away. its a good unit and worth the extra effort, i like it because its action is hardly noticeable,but very much there at speed. i'd describe it as a "damper for people who don't like dampers" :banghead:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.