would it hurt

5 replies to this topic
  • fatboyrv

Posted October 05, 2005 - 08:36 PM

if i ran 110 octone in my bike ive bever ran it before in it i always run 91 it all stock but if i wanted to do it would it hurt my 2001 yz 426

• John407

Posted October 05, 2005 - 08:47 PM

I don't think it would hurt. Some guys have mixed 110 and 91 50/50 but the bike runs good on 91(it is design for pump gas) . Why waste the money on the race fuel?

• fast426

Posted October 05, 2005 - 09:44 PM

If you don't have any engine mods it's a waste of money. It'll just go out the pipe. If it's stock just run premium.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted October 06, 2005 - 06:21 AM

if i ran 110 octone in my bike ive bever ran it before in it i always run 91 it all stock but if i wanted to do it would it hurt my 2001 yz 426

It will deteriate the carb seals over time - Forget 110, get some VP U4 - it will add power w/o the negative carb results. You must drain carb after each use to keep vapor gum from getting in the carb.

To each his own about using race gas - that is all I use exclusively..... :banghead:

• Fastest1

Posted October 06, 2005 - 03:43 PM

Race gas is consistent and I have never fouled a plug when I am using it. 110 runs great in mine, I also ran the VP4 maybe it had more power I couldnt tell. Never had a gumming problem with either. I do turn off the petcock and run the carb dry but I never drain the tank. Now that Bush took off some restrictions on the refining of gasoline who knows what will happen.

• 642MX

Posted October 06, 2005 - 04:21 PM

It will deteriate the carb seals over time - Forget 110, get some VP U4 - it will add power w/o the negative carb results. You must drain carb after each use to keep vapor gum from getting in the carb.

To each his own about using race gas - that is all I use exclusively..... :banghead:

How long does it take to deteriorate the carb seals????? I've ran Citgo 110 leaded race fuel for 3 years with no problems.

To answer the original question....Yes, you can run 110 octane fuel in a stock 426. :banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.