Factory cracking on downshift/decel

3 replies to this topic
  • dirtysouth

Posted October 05, 2005 - 07:35 PM

Wut do I need to do about this. Got a thousand miles on my bike and has been doing this since I got it. (05 WR450) I think it sounds cool but not familiar enough with the fourstrokes to know whether or not I am damaging the head etc. Anybody Know? :banghead: :banghead: :lol:
By the way this bike is plated and rolls the street/sidewalk/ditch/trail almost daily so the decel is sometimes a repetitious thing.

• xcracer123

Posted October 05, 2005 - 07:42 PM

WHAT?!?! Do you mean that it's popping/backfiring? Order the AIS removal kit from the TT store and that should solve your problem. If that's what you're talking about.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted October 05, 2005 - 07:55 PM

try a 48 pilot , buy an adjustable fuel screw set it to 1.75 turns and buy the adjustable 04 needle and put it in clip #4. :banghead:

• Matty05

Posted October 05, 2005 - 10:02 PM

My header was offline from the dealers, air leaks in the exhaust system can cause
cracking, but I would go for a #48 pilot or even #50 pilot.

Get a zip ty fuel mixture screw if you haven't got one, it saves a lot of pain.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.