The old grey wire question

23 replies to this topic
  • SPDFRK450

Posted October 08, 2005 - 08:44 AM

I didnt cut my gray wire. I just unplugged it and wrapped it with electrical tape. I dont like the idea of cutting things on my new bike.

• skidxr

Posted October 08, 2005 - 09:22 AM

I did the grey wire on my 05 and since then I have had problems with my shoulder... So be carefull,,, If you can't handle the extra pull your going to be so :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toyota_mdt_tech

Posted October 08, 2005 - 10:48 AM

I also read where the grey wire is only a feature on US bikes. Can anyone confirm if my Australian 2001 WR400 has a grey wire that needs cutting?

Mine is an 04 and its from Canada, same as NZ, Aussie and there was no grey wire, no throttle stop, no air box baffle, larger outlet in the pipe etc. So your answer is "no grey wire"

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted October 08, 2005 - 10:49 AM

Isnt grey spelt gray?

No, it goes either way.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.