flywheel weight 03 450

4 replies to this topic
  • dumper_uk

Posted October 05, 2005 - 11:04 AM

I recently bought a 2003 YZ450f..The guy I boulght it off gave me a steahly flywheel weight for it..
When I tried to install it,it fly's onto the flywheel with no problem,but the casing won't fit back on over the weight.
Does this mean its actually for a WR? or an older model YZ?
I tried to read the part number on it,but its a bit faded.
I really could do with a flywheel weight as i am forever stalling it..
if you could shed some light on this it woiuld be much appreciated.
many thanks

• 35yz450F

Posted October 05, 2005 - 11:29 AM

He should have given you a spacer with the flywheel weight. You may be able to stack a couple gaskets to make the case clear the weight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 05, 2005 - 12:29 PM

How much does it miss by? 35yz450F could be correct, or the PO could have bought the wrong part, like one held over from a 426.

I prefer the welded-on weight solution from either Dubach Racing, or GYT-R.

• matt116

Posted October 05, 2005 - 03:53 PM

He should have given you a spacer with the flywheel weight. You may be able to stack a couple gaskets to make the case clear the weight.

There should be a alum. spacer that goes between the cover and the case.

• KillerMedic

Posted October 17, 2005 - 01:22 PM

Some use spacers and some use replacement covers. The kit for the '05 YZ 450F uses a spacer and is the same kit for the '03 if I read the list right on their web page.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.