Can anyone help me with vibrations..

10 replies to this topic
  • Overdue

Posted October 05, 2005 - 10:31 AM

Hi people Just wondering if someone could help me ever since i had the bike ive been getting real bad vibrations comming through my handle bars its really bad on the palms of my hands i can only ride for about 15 mins before it gets to bad to carry on, Ive tried all of the engine bolts and thier all tight, Is thier something i can do to help soak up these vibrations and if thier is where can i get it from.. I thought about gell grips..?
Cheers Andy

• kizzle426

Posted October 05, 2005 - 11:23 AM

You can get fasst bar inserts, or some other type of insert. They have little ball bearing in them that obsorb the vibration instead of your hands. The numbness happens to everyone. Everytime I race my hands go numb about 2/3 of the way through.

• grayracer513

Posted October 05, 2005 - 12:31 PM

If the engine has recently been worked on, you might want to check the timing of the balancer shaft. This would have to have been apart and then improperly re-assembled.

• Yak

Posted October 05, 2005 - 12:58 PM

sounds like something might be wrong as grayracer has stated. My YZ426 doesn't vibrate at all, I can ride it all day with no problems.

• Overdue

Posted October 05, 2005 - 02:23 PM

You can get fasst bar inserts, or some other type of insert. They have little ball bearing in them that obsorb the vibration instead of your hands. The numbness happens to everyone. Everytime I race my hands go numb about 2/3 of the way through.

Thanks how do they fit onto the bike..?
Cheers Andy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chas_M

Posted October 05, 2005 - 03:56 PM

Also check to make sure that the motor mounts are tight. :banghead:

• 02YZ426

Posted October 05, 2005 - 04:10 PM

You could also try filling your handlebars with some mono foam.. I put some in mine and it helped cut some of the viberation.

• kizzle426

Posted October 05, 2005 - 05:11 PM

sounds like something might be wrong as grayracer has stated. My YZ426 doesn't vibrate at all, I can ride it all day with no problems.

Do you race, like, motocross race? Cuz mine doesn't vibrate, but going over jumps, rough dirt, and undulating surfaces tends to make me go numb after a few laps. To answer the question of where to put the inserts.....you just take your grips off (sometimes requiring new grips.....durr) and stick them in on both sides of the bars. They have screws on the ends that you turn and they tighten up to fit the bar. I have also heard of using that foam stuff. Never tried it though.

• Yak

Posted October 05, 2005 - 05:58 PM

I dont race other bikes, but I do ride the local track at 80-90% of full speed. Is your whole hand going numb, or just the fingers? You could be pinching a nerve in you palm or something of that nature. Id try differnt grips first, or different gloves too. I guess we are all made a little different and maybe it justs the way you are. I dont notice any vibration. My biggest issue is if Im doing alot of hill climbs I start to get blisters because of the death grip. Maybe try some Spider Grips.

• kizzle426

Posted October 05, 2005 - 10:32 PM

I'm about to order all new Fox gear......i love there clearance sales.....and I do grip really tight. And my grips are half gone. I don't know......when it happens I just keep going till I can't pull the clutch anymore. I don't have the inserts, but I'd like to try them. I've ridden a CR450f (yak) that had them and I had a bit less numbness but it was still there. Everybody's bodies are different and so are their styles.....which is kind of the point you made.

• RoostReallyHurstMyCrotch

Posted October 16, 2005 - 03:10 PM

What bike are you driving.

A mate has a tm300. A savage bike but the thing vibrates like an alarm clock. :banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.