Fair price for 650R stock Wheels...

6 replies to this topic
  • cholwerk

Posted October 05, 2005 - 07:09 AM

What do you guys think is a fair price for a set of stock wheels in good shape?

Thanks.

• TimBrp

Posted October 05, 2005 - 08:33 AM

Just the wheels? Or laced up with hubs and tires?

• cholwerk

Posted October 05, 2005 - 12:09 PM

The rims are laced up to the stock hubs. They have the rotors. The tires/sprockets are marginal;, and honestly having to demount them almost seems like it should lower the cost.

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Toolmaker

Posted October 06, 2005 - 04:29 AM

I just bought a set from a L with new tires and tubes new rear rotor and sprocket, no front rotor for 150.00 plus shipping. I don't know if this helps but thats what I got a set for .
Steve

• TimBrp

Posted October 06, 2005 - 05:41 AM

I think you got a damn good deal toomaker I was gonna say for two stock sets laced with rotors, about $300. The stock hubs are relatively cheap though, compared to other OEM parts(exhaust canister, $500-brake pedal, $112etc.).

• Moredesert

Posted October 06, 2005 - 09:57 AM

I've been pricing parts to build my own wheel and it looks like about $500+ when it's all said and done with rotors. A clean set of "R" wheels are worth at least $500. The "L" wheels are cheap because there isn't much call for them and there is a lot out there. I think the XR600 will fit so that adds to the wheel pool.

I watch ebay all the time and a rear wheel can sell for $350 and a front $200 (thats what I paid with a bent rim) up to $250 or so. Mine was a complete wheel that was a race spare from a Baja 1000 racer. I need to spend a $100 for a new rim when I get a chance. I just installed new Black Excels rims on my stock set.

• mackmack

Posted October 06, 2005 - 10:46 AM

I agree $500 for a used set is a good price. I sold a rear for 200 awhile back with no rotor.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.