steering stabilizer + renthal bars?

6 replies to this topic
  • newzealandwr450

Posted October 04, 2005 - 09:53 PM

I have an 05 Wr 450 with the stock Renthal bars that they come with is there a stabilizer that i can use with these bars or do i have to get pro tapers or something other than my renthals?

• Matty05

Posted October 05, 2005 - 03:38 AM

WER steering dampers will work, their Aussie too!

• MathProf

Posted October 05, 2005 - 04:54 AM

When I put my set of Renthals on with a Scotts' stabilizer I removed the crossbar and bent it with a sledgehammer in the shape of a flattened "U". :banghead:

I bent it in such a way that the bar bends over and in front of the Scotts' Stabilizer

It works fine and protects the stabilizer from your chest and visa versa.

Just make sure that you keep the bolts tight on the crossbar. Too much flex will weaken the bar.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bfly

Posted October 05, 2005 - 05:30 AM

RTT makes a stabilizer that replaces the upper tripple clamp. They make ones for big bars as well as normal ones.

• basicblues

Posted October 05, 2005 - 05:53 PM

Here's old photo of my bike, renthal fatbar and GPR 2.0 stabilizer....

Posted Image

• Yamahan

Posted October 06, 2005 - 01:58 AM

Hi Newzealandwr450

Did you manage with the steering damper on your WR? I have the same problem. :banghead:

• RichBaker

Posted October 06, 2005 - 04:10 PM

Renthal makes a bent crossbar to clear stabilizers...check their website. It might be Scotts that makes it, don't recall.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.