WR 400 or WR 426

3 replies to this topic
  • joe_hru5656

Posted October 04, 2005 - 02:09 PM

What is the top speed of both these bike and witch one would be better for highway use. Will I have enought throttle left to pass on the highway. And which one has better handling.

• WildRide

Posted October 04, 2005 - 06:34 PM

The 426 is a newer model and is bound to be slightly better overall but the steel valves in the 400 would be better in the long term for highway use. They are both fast, just find the best condition bike for the best deal and you can't go wrong.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted October 04, 2005 - 06:52 PM

Gearing.......... you can probably put 15T countershaft sprocket on either one and mess with the rear to get the top speed you are looking for. I own a 400 and a 450, if you are going to do a lot of mileage the 400 and it's steel valves will require less top end work. Either one will work, like Wildride said, get the best bike for the best price

• 96warrior

Posted October 04, 2005 - 08:40 PM

I'd go with a 426 because its more refined. The top speed of both bikes is about 90mph. Regearing will help.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.