Need Parts For 03 650l

3 replies to this topic
  • black2kmax

Posted October 04, 2005 - 01:23 PM

I had a bit of a trailer mishap last weekend and as a result need some parts. In an effort to make the best out of a crappy situation I will look at this as an upgrade opportunity. Anyway I need the plastic that goes around the headlight, the turnsignal/light switch, the tail light and the cover for the battery box. My upgrade opportunity will be mainly with the tail light. If anyone has some good (legal) options please let me know. I could even use a stock one for now to get me by. If you have or know where I can get these parts please let me know.

BTW-nothing broke when the bike fell out of the trailer and I was still able to go riding all day. It helps that I was only doing 10 mph when the tiedown came off.

• TahomaTom

Posted October 04, 2005 - 04:43 PM

Bummer. I have almost had that happen. Now I am the guy with way to many straps on his trailer. Mine just fell over and I should have checked it. I did one side and somebody else did the other. Never again. Just because someone has a nicer bike than you does not mean they actually know what they are doing.

Do a quick search for taillight in this forum as it comes up often. Baja Designs and Dennis Kirk have them as well as a few others.

For the other stuff you might as well keep your eye on Ebay.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted October 04, 2005 - 05:42 PM

dont waste money on another stock headlight..... www.denniskirk.com will have everything you want and as for the tail light, this one is probably the best ive seen ( you can get it in red, white, etc. http://www.denniskir...leafCatId=11404

• black2kmax

Posted October 05, 2005 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for the info. I may go with one of those cool headlights. The tail light may be replaced by one from XR's only.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.