HELP! Played with clutch cable, now I can't get into gear without stalling...

5 replies to this topic
  • 94XR650LaJolla

Posted October 04, 2005 - 01:17 PM

So I just wanted the clutch lever to engage a little earlier, so I adjusted it at the lever and down by where the cable meets the engine. Now, I can't get the bike into 1st or 2nd without stalling! I fire up the bike in neutral, but when I shift it stalls.

I've been playing with the two bolts where the cable meets the engine and have tried with both it tight and loose, neither will shift without stalling.

Once again, my bike is not working....

Thanks guys!

• 94XR650LaJolla

Posted October 04, 2005 - 01:37 PM

Go figure, now it works. I guess the bike just needed to be rolled a little more.

• bay rider 16

Posted July 24, 2009 - 12:14 PM

I am having that exact same problem with my crf250. What did you do to make it work?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted July 24, 2009 - 12:26 PM

I am having that exact same problem with my crf250. What did you do to make it work?

Try turning the clutch lever adjuster on the handlebars out so more of the adjuster shows.

Dave

• Denn10

Posted July 24, 2009 - 12:30 PM

YES that takes some of the play out and lever wont hit grips and will move the clutch and it should work better

• HeadTrauma

Posted July 25, 2009 - 08:52 AM

Make sure there is a small amount of freeplay in the lever on the engine or it's possible for the clutch to slip and ultimately burn up.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.