Corbin Seat For XR650R

9 replies to this topic
  • Moredesert

Posted October 04, 2005 - 12:19 PM

I wanted a new seat for my dual sported XR650R so my wife can ride with me. I looked at Corbin's web site and they don't offer a seat for the "R". I called about a seat and they told me to bring my bike down and they can build me a seat. Maybe I can work out a deal or at least get the ball rolling for other people that would like a XR650R seat once they get the design from my bike. The guy told me it should cost about the same as the other off road bike seats which is about $269 if I remember right.

There phone # is 1-800-538-7035 if anyone else is interested. I know after I did a 500 mile dual sport ride last week end my butt was sore. When I ride Baja I stand up most the time so I haven't had a problem before. But it's not cool to stand up on the freeway let me tell you :banghead:

• cholwerk

Posted October 04, 2005 - 08:26 PM

The SDG seat is a world better.

• AdamW

Posted October 05, 2005 - 03:34 AM

Are you referring to the "tall" seat from SDG? I heard it was still quite firm and somewhat narrow.

• TimBrp

Posted October 05, 2005 - 05:47 AM

I had major issues with monkey butt on my 650R until I bought a standard height, soft seat foam and a gripper seat cover. Now I don't slide around on the seat and it's much wider/softer. Nice improvement over stock, IMO.

• Moredesert

Posted October 06, 2005 - 10:01 AM

I'm looking at a seat like they sell for the XR400 http://www.corbin.co...nda/xr400.shtml I've been playing phone tag for the last day so hopefuly I'll have an answer soon. Talking to people @ Zoom Cycle they know of a couple a people that have a Corbin seat on thier 650R

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted October 06, 2005 - 10:14 AM

I stand most of the time while riding anyhow. If the seat is that much of a problem, stand up. I started working my legs more due to the fact I was sitting so much during the early season. Poor form=monkey butt.

• cholwerk

Posted October 06, 2005 - 12:34 PM

Are you referring to the "tall" seat from SDG? I heard it was still quite firm and somewhat narrow.

Yep. It is wider than the stocker, less of a trough, and firmer foam. The firmer foam actually makes it more comfortable.

• HC

Posted October 06, 2005 - 02:25 PM

one of the mayer bros is having a dual sport special for about the same $, hes the one near lake shasta, that would be a custom to your ass seat.
http://www.homestead...ecials2005.html

• Moredesert

Posted October 07, 2005 - 11:51 AM

I stand most of the time while riding anyhow. If the seat is that much of a problem, stand up. I started working my legs more due to the fact I was sitting so much during the early season. Poor form=monkey butt.

Thats true. :banghead: But I guess you didn't read all of the first post. It's more for my wife that rides on the back. I have two seats and I'll have one recovered by Corbin this week end.

(There phone # is 1-800-538-7035 if anyone else is interested. I know after I did a 500 mile dual sport ride last week end my butt was sore. When I ride Baja I stand up most the time so I haven't had a problem before. But it's not cool to stand up on the freeway let me tell you )

• TimBrp

Posted October 10, 2005 - 11:08 AM

Guess I didn't read it all. We're of different mindsets then as I'm only concerned with my seat. My 650 gets me away "from it all" for the weekend, lol.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.