Top Speed for XR600R

25 replies to this topic
  • Mantrasonica

Posted October 05, 2005 - 12:34 PM

I too was running a 130 in the secondary carb, but it was popping (flames out the back, past the spark arrestor) so I decided it was too rich. I put the 128 back in, drilled a few more holes in the cover, and it seemed a lot better.

The more I think about this, the more I believe you're trying to compensate for a rich condition by giving it more air i.e., drilling more holes in the airbox. Bet you a buck your float valves are leaking.

just my .02

• Dan Turner

Posted October 05, 2005 - 03:35 PM

The more I think about this, the more I believe you're trying to compensate for a rich condition by giving it more air i.e., drilling more holes in the airbox. Bet you a buck your float valves are leaking.

just my .02

Your probably right. None of my riding buddies are brave enough to tear into it with me. They all say "I've never seen two carbs on a dirt bike before." Hopefully XRs can make it like new again. Besides I'll have someone other than myself to blame, LOL. Really, I'm tired of being the one working on my bike when everyone else is waiting on me to go riding. It'll be nice to be the one making dust instead of eating it!

• Shawn_Mc

Posted October 05, 2005 - 04:08 PM

I just douched the dual carb set up on my 83' 500. Those carbs are a hell of a lot more simple than an FCR...I can tell ya that for sure...

The come apart (from each other) really easily. Getting them on and off the bike is more of a challenge, as is getting the air box in and out of the bike too....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SSpeeDEMONSS

Posted October 05, 2005 - 04:19 PM

stock gearing and 8 other mods.

yes, with 8 other mods. but all that does is get it there quicker. my bike would do the same when i got it, and all it had was a PMB end cap.

• timothypg

Posted October 17, 2005 - 02:32 PM

got an 86 xr600r 85 mph. and still pulling. i don't know how long i would want to stay there though

• Old_Man_Time

Posted October 17, 2005 - 03:44 PM

are 650R's faster?

Yes it is! :banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.