Help a kid out

3 replies to this topic
  • Marty

Posted March 24, 2001 - 11:27 PM

Ok I think I got this back fireing thing figured out, tell me if Im right or wrong. Went throught the archives and what not. My '01 WR426 back fires on decel. so what that means that my bike is running lean right? So I should turn my fuel screw out right? I know to turn it in all the way and count it, then turn it out. How big of incraments should I go at. 1/2 turn or what? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Louisville, Colorado

• MN_Kevin

Posted March 25, 2001 - 04:16 AM

out is MORE fuel, just like you stated. half-turn increments is fine.

'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted March 25, 2001 - 05:30 AM

You may want to turn the screw in and count how many turns it is. Then take it back out, plus one half turn. You should not go over three turns out(you could loose the screw).

If it goes out to three and you still have popping. Then you should consider going to the next size larger pilot jet.

97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 03-25-2001).]

• MN_Kevin

Posted March 25, 2001 - 05:34 AM

exactly like Bill said!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.