XR650R Holes in airfilter cover

25 replies to this topic
  • Ramcc4x4

Posted October 04, 2005 - 12:46 PM

After I did my airbox mod I had a huge flat spot on the low end. I ended up running a 70s pilot jet, B53F (not "E")in the 4th position (second from bottom) and 185 main jet. The plug looked great and the bike pulled strong from idle to redline.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 04, 2005 - 01:10 PM

i would never put holes in my bike....unless it was a sm...they dont see much mud.

• BWB63

Posted October 04, 2005 - 02:25 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
More air is a good thing :banghead:
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted October 04, 2005 - 05:51 PM

it may be a good thing but note that the lowest holes are about 6 inches lower if not more than the intake on the top which means u got a way heigher chance of gettin stuck perminantly in that mud hole.

• BWB63

Posted October 05, 2005 - 03:59 AM

it may be a good thing but note that the lowest holes are about 6 inches lower if not more than the intake on the top which means u got a way heigher chance of gettin stuck perminantly in that mud hole.

Depending on the filter oil you use, that is not true. I have crossed water up to my seet and stalled from lack of air getting into the air box. I was going fast enough to make it but, once the aior filter was off only two drops of water were inside the air box. An air filter oiled right won't let water through. Golden Spectro air filter oil.

• CAM2R

Posted October 05, 2005 - 06:13 PM

...An air filter oiled right won't let water through. Golden Spectro air filter oil.

checking over my av... I wish you would have told me that before!

BWB - nice job with the covers. I kinda like the linear look in the second photo. I got some screen a while ago. Now I may have to draw up something and set to cutting.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.