Black Excels on 650L?

23 replies to this topic
  • husky123

Posted October 03, 2005 - 05:38 AM

Is anyone running black excel rims on their 650L? My dealer's not open today and I was wondering if it was the same hub as the 600R or 650R? I'm having trouble finding a black front rim for the 650L. Thanks for any input.

Lee

• jbroom

Posted October 03, 2005 - 02:21 PM

this isn't my bike... but maybe this will help?

http://www.bennytheb...nimulmutha5.jpg
http://www.bennytheb...nimulmutha3.jpg

• husky123

Posted October 03, 2005 - 04:48 PM

Thanks jbroom, I should've clarified I was thinking of 21's and 18's not 17's. Just got an update from TCR and they will custom drill for the XRL (32 spokes) out of Excel blanks.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 03, 2005 - 04:52 PM

dude, dont put excells on a l.....its just not worth it.....its like puttin a turbo on a geo prizim.....just not practicle.

• zrxchris

Posted October 05, 2005 - 06:07 AM

Posted Image

dude, dont put excells on a l.....its just not worth it.....its like puttin a turbo on a geo prizim.....just not practicle.

just bought this XR650L motard and it kicks ass on sportbikes an will run with any KTM's........it is practical for me\

There are some better pics in this labusas.org thread

http://www.labusas.o...0629&highlight=

1997 XR650L. It already had the following tasty bits........

17" Excell Wheels
Works fork springs
Acerbis headlamp,front fender low mount
Maier highmount fender
Moose Flex CR high mount bar
Bar adapters
Trail Tech Endurance speedometer
Cat Eye mirror
Gaffer front brake line
Clarke fuel tank
Wiseco 10.25 piston
Hotcams stage one cam
Head ported and polished
Three angle valve job
Mikuni flat slide carb
Works Perfomance shock
New DID chain and sprockets, 42 tooth rear sprocket.
Metzeler M 1 tires
Yoshimura can
SRS forkbrace
Uni pod filter.

• jbroom

Posted October 05, 2005 - 07:04 AM

i can't see any of your picts?

• husky123

Posted October 05, 2005 - 07:57 AM

Dude, &%$#@! are you talking 'bout? If I got the money and want to do it then it's practical enough for me. My post was WHO has black excels on their L not WHAT do you think about black excels. Besides kid I've seen your post history and don't really care what you think. Hugs and kisses... :banghead:

• zrxchris

Posted October 05, 2005 - 08:16 AM

don;t know why I can't post my imagestation pics here with just ......I posted a pic fomr our busa site of my new poor man's motard

I love it, it rips in the twisties and is a hoot around town and has all the goodies......got it for only $3500.......

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 05, 2005 - 01:01 PM

Dude, &%$#@! are you talking 'bout? If I got the money and want to do it then it's practical enough for me. My post was WHO has black excels on their L not WHAT do you think about black excels. Besides kid I've seen your post history and don't really care what you think. Hugs and kisses... :banghead:

the 650l is not a race bike....why put race rimz on it....i understand them on a motard but otherwise its just lame.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted October 05, 2005 - 01:33 PM

WR, please, for your own sake, just ask yourself before you post, "Do I know what the heck I'm talking about?"

D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • justicedone

Posted October 05, 2005 - 02:02 PM

My new signature is inspired by Yamaboy !!!

• zackm58941

Posted October 05, 2005 - 02:23 PM

Check out sum of all parts. Thats where I bought my wheels and tires. They come all laced and trued, ready to bolt right onto your bike. I got black ones on my L, check out my garage, got pics in there.

And for yamaboy, dont you ever have anything good to say?!? We really dont need smart mouth kids in here!

zack

• husky123

Posted October 05, 2005 - 05:13 PM

the 650l is not a race bike....why put race rimz on it....i understand them on a motard but otherwise its just lame.

Oh so it has to be a race bike for black rims...thanks for clarifying that. And here I was just going to put them out because I like them....just like my turbo charged Geo Prizm.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 05, 2005 - 05:19 PM

haha, why put expensive rimz on a bike that is made to be put through pure hell? stock is good enoug.....unless maybe u want a 19 in the rear which is very understandable.

• husky123

Posted October 05, 2005 - 05:35 PM

haha, why put expensive rimz on a bike that is made to be put through pure hell? stock is good enoug.....unless maybe u want a 19 in the rear which is very understandable.

Serenity now...

• zackm58941

Posted October 05, 2005 - 06:02 PM

yaa, i dont think of a 650l as a "put through hell" baja type motorcycle, more of an urban dirt road/light trail bike. I've tried it all before going straight to the road and it just aint there for any racing or what not. Dude, you have already said a bunch of dumb shit to anyone who wants to put 17's on their bikes (including me) and it gets old really frekin quick! Just let everyone do their own thing, no one said nothing about your half black, 1/2 a** done bike, opps. Anywho, sorry for that everyone.

Zack

• justicedone

Posted October 05, 2005 - 07:28 PM

Zack, the bikes coming along really nicely. You should go on ebay and get an XR600 black gripper seat cover. They fit fine, just let an auto upholstery shop install for like 15-20 shells.

would make it look much better, next mod should be a good fork brace, maybe a wave rotor...but keep up the sweet moddin'

Jim

• zackm58941

Posted October 06, 2005 - 04:03 AM

Thanks Jim! I have been looking for a seat cover, I'll check on ebay today and see what I can find. I do wanna trim the seat a little bit to fit around the new tank and on the sides a little bit so its more comfortable... 320mm rotor kit is next on the list and I might be done, ha.

Zack

EDIT: Does the 600 seat cover fit a 650l seat?? Thanks!

• Boy Honda

Posted October 13, 2005 - 12:34 PM

I'd upgrade to the 36 hole front wheel. It will allow for more options later.

• x thread

Posted October 13, 2005 - 07:35 PM

hey wait a minute.my wife has black wheels on her 2004 yamaha trail wing and i think their cool !!!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.