Looking for a good tuner in N.E. Ohio

2 replies to this topic
  • Yamaguy4Life

Posted October 03, 2005 - 05:11 AM

When it comes to bike mechanics I'm all thumbs. Sure I can do the basic stuff, but I'm just too nervous to tackle the trickier things.

I'm looking for a good place to take my 2001 426 this winter for a check-up.

The bike is getting impossible to start so I'm guessing that it needs a valve adjustment and the carburetor cleaned out.

My bike was modified by White Brothers and has all kinds of stuff on it. It has a Hot Cam mod also.

I'm afraid to take it to the local dealer, because they seem like a bunch of hackers to me.

Does anyone know a good tuner in N.E. Ohio that can work on my baby?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mnm567

Posted October 03, 2005 - 07:08 AM

Have you looked into Andrews? I think they are in Canfield. I am from Youngstown and I know they used to sell Yamaha. Actually I think they sell almost every brand now. Fred Andrews is part or full owner of the shop. He is nationally ranked so I think the mechanics there would probably be top-notch. Matt

• ride yzf all the way

Posted October 04, 2005 - 04:27 AM

i live in cincinnati if you live anywere near their my buddy is a really good mechanic he does it to my bike every winter this will be his first for my new yz450f but he does in asome job

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.