XR 650R dyno test

23 replies to this topic
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted October 04, 2005 - 10:56 AM

system.

• atreiou

Posted October 04, 2005 - 11:58 AM

Could this be because of the difference between DIN and SAE Horsepower???

perhaps.. but I can't find explanation of the differences...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • atreiou

Posted October 04, 2005 - 12:14 PM

on my dyno sheet I can find:

corr.fact. : SAE

little text I have found:

Power hp: horsepower ps: stands for Pferdestärke, equivalent to hp.
kW: kilowatt. 1kW = 1.34hp.
EU countries such as Germany prefer to use kW. There are different methods for measuring power, test conditions such as ambient temperature, air pressure and accessory loss could be different, thus the same engine could obtain different power rating by different methods. The most commonly used methods are:

EEC: European standard. Measure at 99kPa and 25°C. Rated in kW.

SAE: American standard. Measure at 99kPa and 25°C. Rated in hp. 1kW = 1.341hp (SAE).

DIN: German standard. Measure at 101.3kPa and 20°C. Rated in hp (ps). 1kW = 1.360hp (DIN).

JIS: Japanese standard. Theoretically same as DIN, but we always find it is actually smaller.

British horsepower: same as SAE. Rated in bhp (could be confused with brake horse power).

In other words, 300hp (SAE) = 300bhp (British) > 300hp (DIN) > 300ps (JIS) In AutoZine, generally speaking, horsepower of American, European and Japanese cars are rated by SAE, DIN and JIS respectively.

However, USA or Europe-targeted Japanese cars are rated by local standards.

• atreiou

Posted October 04, 2005 - 12:24 PM

another thing (i hope you'll understand me) the smoothness setting on the dyno software is only the level of the detail of the line (the line of the values) on the sheet.
the changing of the value of the smoothness don't change the values but only draw a smooth line..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.