Blowing fuses

3 replies to this topic
  • Flaminchiten1967

Posted October 02, 2005 - 05:44 PM

I was riding today and about 15 minutes into the ride I blew a fuse, no biggie put in a new one and not but 2 minutes later it blew also, the second blew right after using the E-start.

Anyone else have this problem? Is a wire grounding out somewhere maybe? btw it was the fuse by the positive side of the battery.

Thanks in advance :banghead:

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 02, 2005 - 07:10 PM

Starter motor may have some broken wires or internal connections causing excessive load on starting and blowing the fuse. Try kick starting it and running it for a while and see if it blows. Check for any loose wire connections to the motor and if it does not blow fuses using the kick starter then you need to rebuild the starter motor or replace it for about $200.00 :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Flaminchiten1967

Posted October 02, 2005 - 07:58 PM

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I think the bike is stillunder warranty, is this something that would be covered?

• Indy_WR450

Posted October 03, 2005 - 06:39 AM

Take it in to the dealer quick! 30 day warranty will cover the labor! :banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.