I LOVE this bike :banghead:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• zackm58941

Posted October 02, 2005 - 06:52 AM

That looks awesome!! Im kinda temped to get a 650R and tard it out, I need more power!! :banghead:. Posted Image

• frankstr

Posted October 02, 2005 - 07:46 AM

Sweet...... :banghead:

• ferguscawley

Posted October 02, 2005 - 09:03 AM

That looks awesome!! Im kinda temped to get a 650R and tard it out, I need more power!! :banghead:. Posted Image

My engine and your bodywork would be the perfect combo ! :applause:

• Fly5150

Posted October 02, 2005 - 09:53 AM

Looks good...gonna get it street legal?

• ferguscawley

Posted October 02, 2005 - 10:09 AM

Looks good...gonna get it street legal?

It IS street legal :banghead:

Not a problem here in Ireland, thankfully.

• ImpalaR1

Posted October 02, 2005 - 02:17 PM

The ultimate liscense loser phrase fits these bike's all to well, i got addicted to doing 3rd gear wheelie's the first day i got mine street legal, and haven't turned back yet, just getting better at doing them longer which is probably a bad thing :banghead: oh well, its to much fun to stop! Bike looks great by the way, i almost put the money up for some 17" excel's, but had a sudden slap in the face and realized i can't spend money like that right now. But hey, 17" wheels don't stop me from doing wheelie's all day with a huge smile

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mbrownxrl

Posted October 02, 2005 - 02:22 PM

Ahh. the sweet 17's (and I don't mean teenage girls)... lotta fun, hard to get knobbies over on the side,,.. enjoy your ride, ride safe and somewghat legal,..., mgb

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 02, 2005 - 05:07 PM

I LOVE this bike :banghead:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

hahahha, all the houses look exactly the same!

• cat0020

Posted October 02, 2005 - 05:07 PM

I lost my license plate on the second ride on mine:

http://www.advrider....ead.php?t=97941

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• wr450fyamaha

Posted October 02, 2005 - 05:24 PM

whats with the exhaust wrap?

• Naru

Posted October 02, 2005 - 07:19 PM

Not trying to steal your thread, but what fork boots are you running on your XR650R (the red ones). I've had two sets of the stock boots rip apart, and I was thinking of going to a rubber set.

• cat0020

Posted October 03, 2005 - 03:53 AM

whats with the exhaust wrap?

Heat insulating wrap, keep headers cooler so teh high temperature of the headers does not stay around your legs, radiators or the engine.. makes tight trail riding much cooler, on the pavement it doesn't really matter.

• ferguscawley

Posted October 03, 2005 - 05:46 AM

Not trying to steal your thread, but what fork boots are you running on your XR650R (the red ones). I've had two sets of the stock boots rip apart, and I was thinking of going to a rubber set.

The boots are made from rubber, by 'Pro Grip'. Not sure where the previous owner bought them from - try a google search. I bought the bike in the UK as standard enduro bike, but the fork boots were already fitted. Am debating whether I will remove them or not as I won't be taking it off-road.

Edit - Look here

http://www.inchains....GATORS-PGFG.htm

Ferg

• cholwerk

Posted October 03, 2005 - 01:28 PM

Heat insulating wrap, keep headers cooler so teh high temperature of the headers does not stay around your legs, radiators or the engine.. makes tight trail riding much cooler, on the pavement it doesn't really matter.

Actually the idea is to keep the headers hotter. This increases scavaging, and gives more power. It has the side benefit of keeping your legs cool. It makes a huge difference on a SM bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.