Hot Cams Installed

3 replies to this topic
  • azlodaniel

Posted October 01, 2005 - 06:27 PM

Did anyone notice a distinctive tapping noise after installation in a 2005 WR450 i checked all the valves and they were in check so i am just seeing if anyone else has had this problem with there hot cams being noisier?

Posted October 01, 2005 - 06:45 PM

The may be in check but still a little loose....... Any change in performance, good or bad?

oooooooh...... I just realize that you have a CRF. I heard those require a lot motor maintenance, (frequent top ends, alot of valve adj, etc....). Is this true?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • azlodaniel

Posted October 02, 2005 - 07:11 AM

My CRF has had no Valve problems yet and i have owned it since december of 2004. I am a local racer i race in the Intermediate so i am riding it way hard and i have no problems yet.

Well the WR450 is a Friends so do you think that i should worry about the tapping on it?

• Roosted

Posted October 02, 2005 - 05:54 PM

I have heard that before. I have also heard that since the Hotcams lobes ramp up and drop off quicker, it's normal to hear this. While the valve may stay opened longer (Duration), the quicker open and close is probably what you are hearing.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.