It happened..Honda will get a letter from me

7 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted October 01, 2005 - 04:19 PM

The godddamn footpeg, today, luckily I didn't dumpit, wasn't real fun riding back to base w/ peg- leg, anyhow, I need the fix, Animalhousedesign.net,correct?

• big t

Posted October 01, 2005 - 04:58 PM

www.animalhousedesigns.net :banghead: :applause: Glad you didn't get hurt.

• Nailpounder

Posted October 01, 2005 - 05:03 PM

The godddamn footpeg, today, luckily I didn't dumpit, wasn't real fun riding back to base w/ peg- leg, anyhow, I need the fix, Animalhousedesign.net,correct?

You would think that there would be a recall on that. Or is there one an I'm not awheir of it?

• big t

Posted October 01, 2005 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, I'm really surprised somebody hasn't gotten hurt bad. Looks like a law suit just waiting to happen. I'm just glad that I read about it here first so I could get the fix before it broke.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted October 01, 2005 - 06:26 PM

The letter to Honda probably won't do much, but definitely send it. Anybody who has this problem needs to report it to both the NHTSA and the CPSC. Please file a complaint to both these government agencies to hold Honda accountable. Then get kritter's fix and you'll be set for life.

Here's the link to file your complaints online to the NHTSA...
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Here's the phone number and link to the CPSC: 1-800-638-2772
http://www.cpsc.gov/...b/pubs/178.html

• pchansen

Posted October 01, 2005 - 07:03 PM

I have the animalhouse designs foot peg and it's awesome! :banghead:

• roadcam

Posted October 02, 2005 - 09:10 AM

I wonder what effect it would have, to do a Search in here regarding the footpeg problem, and print off a selection of the posts, ... taking those comments to a class-action ambulance-chaser for action against Honda ? (see, I've lived in CA just long enough to get sue-happy, too ) :banghead:

• irondude

Posted October 02, 2005 - 09:49 AM

There have been complaints about for several years on TT.

Honda knows all about it. Their race bikes have the 'fix'.

Look here:
www.1xinternational.com and you will see another source for the fix...

I know of two injuries from breaking footpegs. My impression is that about 1/3rd of the bikes eventually break. Would be an interesting poll.

I dont think Honda will do anything--they never admitted to the valve fiasco on the X bike. And for 6 years they have made our bike with a potentially dangerous issue.

If it was a KTM or Husqvarna or even Yamaha it would have been fixed immediatley--and the magazines would jump all over it....but Honda is somehow above the rules of the game.... :banghead:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.