Glide plate with water tank & toolbox?

3 replies to this topic
  • Pablo-75rus

Posted October 01, 2005 - 05:48 AM

Do any of you guys know where can I find glide plate with watertank and toolbox for my WR450F coming soon? I know YMF is selling Dakar kit containing this stuff, but this kit is a bit overpriced (14000 Euro) :banghead:

• simon@vic

Posted October 01, 2005 - 07:08 AM

if you are talking about a bash plate then i have no idea why you would want your water and tools under your frame............

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jerryls

Posted October 01, 2005 - 02:43 PM

That's a pretty specialized item. Don't imagine there are more than a couple companies making it. The huge gas tank would be great for touring. But for that price, I'd go with a regular skid plate and get a camelbak for the water and tools.

Jerry

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted October 01, 2005 - 02:48 PM

Pablo - You're going to probably only find that in Europe or Australia. There's not much, if any, of those type plates here. Rally racing just isn't a coomon thing over here.
FYI other guys, Pablo is not asking about something totally out of the norm for being over there. We don't see much of that kinda stuff here. In some events they are required to carry X amount of water not on their body and tools too so it's common that riders find anyplace possible on their bike to store things, like the plate.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.