5000 feet above sea level

2 replies to this topic
  • higgy426

Posted March 24, 2001 - 11:51 AM

I am going riding in a place that is 5000 fasl and i am currently at about 1000 my jetting is stock and i have white bros pipe.
what jetting should i go with before i go out
there? i really don't want to work on bike while i am out there.

thanks for your help!!!

mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BULLDOG

Posted March 24, 2001 - 07:27 PM

I am not the expert but will offer my "opinion". I live at 4500 ft. I have a '00 wr 400, stock jetting. I just recently added the white bros E series, s bend. I have no problems whatsoever. I have ridden as high as 6200 ft where it did a little backfiring but that was it. I rode all day today at about 2500 ft. All went well. My motto, "If it aint broke, dont fix it".

Just for info, the only time I have noted any loss of power or lack of performance was when it was 30 degrees outside. Bike felt sluggish.

Hope this helps.

• dwby2kwr

Posted March 25, 2001 - 02:18 PM

I live in Albuquerque NM. I ride between 5000 and 6000 ft. Nobody else likes my jetting but here it is. Also I have stock exhaust with baffle out, airbox lid removed.

pilot 48 when cold 45 when above 75 F
Main 180
Needle yz er needle 3rd clip position
fuel screw stock 1.5 i think

just my 2 cents

Dave

------------------
y2k wr, airbox lid and baffle removed, 180 main, 45 pilot, 426yz er needle,
wr timing

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.