Which tire & chain?

10 replies to this topic
  • Cirus

Posted September 30, 2005 - 04:11 PM

Well, the stock chain has stretched about as far as I can stretch it and the stock Dunlop 739 has no square edges left on it. So, what chain do you guys recommend and what rear tire? I ride mostly hard packed tracks.

• 450_rider

Posted September 30, 2005 - 05:56 PM

Iam not to sure about tires but, I'm running the D.I.D 520 Ert(or something like that) on my 03 yz450f and never had to tighten it yet. Its probably one of the strongest chains around you won't be disappointed

• big t

Posted October 01, 2005 - 03:13 AM

I put a DID x-ring chain on my 450. No adjustments since. Not sure on a pure hard pack tire. I went with Pirelli MT 32's and like them. I might try the Dunlop 952's for my next set to compare them to the Pirelli.

• 02YZ426

Posted October 01, 2005 - 05:32 AM

Get yourself a DID 0-ring chain or an X-ring, they will outlast a regular chain by double or better. As for a tire I always run the Bridgestone M602 and its a long laster and gets really good traction.

• matt116

Posted October 01, 2005 - 11:00 AM

DID 520 ERT and Ironman sprockets, a little more in initial cost but will last 3 times as long as a DID Renthal or stock combo.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxis4me

Posted October 01, 2005 - 06:04 PM

i like michelin's mh 3 its a intermediate to hard terrain tire . on the chain i'd go with a tsubaki alpha gold o-ring and ironman sprockets

• Unibomber

Posted October 01, 2005 - 06:34 PM

4-years of play and race riding, my vote is DID X-Ring Gold, one initial adjustment and never again, and 756RR front with MAxiss IT rear, that was the best combo I have found and the chain is a no brainer.

• SCARY1

Posted October 01, 2005 - 08:12 PM

I had the Dunlop 952 on for a month or so and it's the best tire I've used yet.The wear factor is fantastic and feels more predictable in corners than some of the softer tires I've tried.And it throws a hell of a roost-it's like a mini-paddle tire. :banghead:

• big t

Posted October 02, 2005 - 05:32 AM

I had the Dunlop 952 on for a month or so and it's the best tire I've used yet.The wear factor is fantastic and feels more predictable in corners than some of the softer tires I've tried.And it throws a hell of a roost-it's like a mini-paddle tire. :banghead:

Are you using the 952 on front and back?

• ride yzf all the way

Posted October 04, 2005 - 04:28 AM

renthal gold series o-ring i love the chain

• JSEATON987

Posted October 04, 2005 - 03:45 PM

My 03' 450 eats rear alloy sprockets (but I run them anyway). I can't get past the price on that IronMan sprocket. I've been running Renthal in the rear, but I just switched to Tag. We'll see if theres a durability difference soon. I think the best chain by far is the DID 520 ERT. They hold up great with proper maint. I only run Dunlops, 756 rear and 739 up front, I've tried others and nothing works better for me. Good luck

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.