Back in the Saddle...Rampart is open

7 replies to this topic
  • Dougie

Posted March 24, 2001 - 10:00 PM

For the CO boys, Rampart is pretty much clear to ride. There are Some snow and ice patches, but we were able to do 3rd gear riding on all trails he hit yesterday.

It has been 3 mos since I have ridden. The winter blahs...But me and Mike hit Rampart yesterday. We got rained on and as we went up in elevation, we got snowed on. However, it was beautiful. I love when it is like that. The only two out on the trails riding in the snow. Only a few snow patches that we had to push through but otherwise it was wide open, especially farther south (677, 675). So get on down there.

• Bryan

Posted March 24, 2001 - 07:03 PM

NO WAY!

And I just ripped my calf muscle playing volleyball on Thursday, am on crutches, and can't ride for 4 to 6 weeks!

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Guess I'll have to work on this website. DAMN!

Bryan...

:)

• Marty

Posted March 24, 2001 - 11:07 PM

Sweeeeeet. I know where Im going next saturday, went to Berthoud today to break the bike in.

Just need to get rid of my backfireing now, any sugestions?

• Bill

Posted March 25, 2001 - 09:25 AM

Marty,

see post "help a kid out".

Bryan,

Sorry to hear buddy.

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dougie

Posted March 25, 2001 - 12:55 PM

Bryan, here is my equation, Volleyball to you is like dirtbiking to Mike as far as injuries go. I can't believe you're still playing after that finger injury. Let me know when you are able to go, we can hook up.

• Marty

Posted March 25, 2001 - 01:37 PM

Hey Dougie, If you need to someone to ride with, or if you wont mind a kid like me riding with you, I's like to head out there soon. Ive never been there, and my bike needs to be broken in some more. :)

Marty

• Dougie

Posted March 25, 2001 - 03:54 PM

Not at all, I'll let you know next time we go up there. But it could be a while. The majority of my weekend time goes to my brand new hobby, speding time with my new baby. But my wife says if I'm a good daddy, I will still get plenty of time on the bike :)

It's a blast to ride. One of my favorites. Miles and miles of tree riding. Make sure you get a map if you have never been out there. You can get lost easily if you don't know your way.

Out of curiosity, when you say kid, what age are you talking? I consider myself getting on the older side at 35. I'd hate to hurt myself trying to keep up with a youngster :D

• Marty

Posted March 25, 2001 - 04:03 PM

That would be cool if you do get a weekend off, Im sure Ill be up for it.

Where would a good place to get a map from? Just a local Barnes and Nobel or something or should I go downtown to the map store and ask for a rampart range map?

Oh as the kid part, I just turned 20. And trust me if anyone is going to be hurting themselves its going to be me, Ive only been riding a year and a half. So you would be whooping my arse front to back. But your more than welcome to teach a new kid. :)

Oh and when ever you do get around to going again, you can email me at marty@martyinc.com (yes its my own domain.)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.