My Review and Pic's - FMF Q Series XR650R exhaust

8 replies to this topic
  • ImpalaR1

Posted September 29, 2005 - 02:53 PM

Well i got it off ebay NEW, but it came with some scratches :banghead: oh well, big deal it was a good price for a new pipe. I put it on today and it mounts really easy, but i had to trim a small little lip out of the rear fender so it wouldn't touch the muffler. Other than that it fit nice, and to me looks alot better than stock.

I kicked it over a few time's and when it started i was impressed. The stock pipe with the HRC tip is alot louder to me than this Q pipe. It's still got a nice bark up top, but my stock pipe with the Hrc tip had a really sharp kinda raspyish note that was kinda annoying if your doing any city riding. The Q pipe deaden's those annoying note's and leave's a tuned one. But it didn't kill any power that i noticed, it make's it seem alot smoother to ride, BS i the smoother exhaust note is nice for the city. So overall i'm pretty satisfied with the pipe. :applause:

Everything in the package

Full Bike view

Before and After

Up close

• justicedone

Posted September 29, 2005 - 06:21 PM

Looks good, love the bike

How much did you pay? I am sure the other "R" owners will be wondering.

I got my Whitebros E-Series off Ebay new...for $203, no tax or shipping since seller was 15mi away, I just picked up and installed :banghead:

• TimBrp

Posted September 30, 2005 - 03:25 AM

Nice, looks good. Thanks for the review!

• zx7rye

Posted September 30, 2005 - 03:40 AM

Have you noticed heat distortion of the rear fender? Looks to be much closer than the stock setup.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted September 30, 2005 - 04:48 AM

That bike looks friggin brand new man. I dream about the days I had shiny side panels. Get out there and get her some battle wounds!

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 30, 2005 - 09:07 AM

^ It's an illusion My bike's not babied and has plenty to show for it, but i keep it as clean as possible after the trails just because i'm use to detailing my streebike's i've had. Here's a more realistic pic of the plastic's.

Have you noticed heat distortion of the rear fender? Looks to be much closer than the stock setup.

Haven't riddin enough yet where it's melted it, but i noticed after i rode it, the muffler cooled down almost immediatly to the touch, but the head pipe still was scortching, so that should help with the fender being so close.

• malibuskier

Posted September 30, 2005 - 09:20 AM

Had the bike been rejetted prior to putting on the new can? If so did you have to rejet?

• TimBrp

Posted September 30, 2005 - 10:00 AM

You should go up one size on the main with an aftermarket canister. I'm not sure how the Q flows compared to the stock w/ HRC tip? I was only busting on you for the plastics man. If anything I was envious.

• ImpalaR1

Posted September 30, 2005 - 07:24 PM

im not sure what jetting i need to make at this point. The bike hits the rpm's clean through the whole range, but the plug looks alittle lean i'd say. I already have a 175 main, Sea Level - 3,000 ft, uncorked, fmf Q pipe....... So help would be great with what to do.

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.