New bike

29 replies to this topic
  • SJMC_DON

Posted September 30, 2005 - 08:10 PM

Ha Ha... Poor guy wants to say Hey I got a new toy and

SLAP - You bought the wrong brand...
SLAP - You bought the wrong model...
SLAP - maintainance sucks...

Remind me to share all my special moments with you guys... It's seems to be such an uplifting experience... Posted Image

Yeah your right............. NOT :lol: Half the fun I have riding with my buddies is talking smack and getting it back when it comes to brand loyalty. I ride with a couple a friends that have TM's and those poor bastards never hear the end of it but they are always laughing in the end, usually at my expense :banghead:

You can come and share your special moments here anytime.......... :lol:

Boy, this thread went astray huh? Sorry guys, I'm still happy for the guy with the new tractor, um........ bike I mean :applause:

• 96warrior

Posted September 30, 2005 - 08:12 PM

Congradulations on the new bike. Give us the real low down on it, how it compares in handeling and power. Straight up drag races ect. What you like and dislike about it. If I ever bought another offroad bike, it would be a big bore dual sport. Dr650, or a converted xr650r. Have fun on both of your bikes.

• poffer

Posted October 01, 2005 - 03:49 AM

you pass ktm's on your WR?? LOL what happens when you get to a corner :lol:
Regearding maintainance, I'd rather have a bike with SS valves. nothing like a valve and seat job to get your head to as new condidtion again. Ahh, and the fact that you dont have to throw the crank away when the timing chain wears out the bottom sprocket is also a bonus :applause:
I knew there would be ppl that knock me for my choice, each to their own I say :banghead:

I know a guy who have 17.000 miles on his wr450f. The only thing done is shiming valves 2 times exept from changing oil. At that stage he decided to rebuild the engine, not because of wears out or failure but he didnt want to wait for the big bang. He did not have to replace his crankshaft, the bottom sprocket was in good condition!!

So I dont think its such a big deal that you can change the sprocket.... and if and when you reach that milage on your KTM you probebly had rebuild engine completely 3 or 4 times. Have heard that the KTM needs less maintenance now than on earlyer models but from what I have seen and heard there is no way you can compere it to the wr's what maintenance conserne....

• Hamish

Posted October 02, 2005 - 02:49 AM

SLAP - You bought the wrong brand...
SLAP - You bought the wrong model...
SLAP - maintainance sucks...

If thats a crf in your avatar you'd better not say too much :applause:
Anyway, I rode it this weekend and loved it so I dont give a fark what anyone else thinks :banghead: It mightn't be fast enuf for you bench racers but it suits me nicely.

• BOLT Performance

Posted October 02, 2005 - 03:07 AM

If thats a crf in your avatar you'd better not say too much :lol:
Anyway, I rode it this weekend and loved it so I dont give a fark what anyone else thinks :applause: It mightn't be fast enuf for you bench racers but it suits me nicely.

aaaah... I think you mis-read my post... I was DEFENDING you knuckle head... :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted October 02, 2005 - 03:18 AM

my apolagies, your post could be interprited both ways
I think this thread is going nowhere anyway.

• BOLT Performance

Posted October 02, 2005 - 06:49 PM

I agree... but congratulations on the new RIDE :banghead:

• Hamish

Posted October 03, 2005 - 04:10 AM

thanks, and for the record, doing the valves is frustrating due to the sh!t you have to remove and the bad access. On the good side, you dont have to remove cams, disturb the timing chain and buy shims. Each bike has it's good points and bad ones too.

• Brettv

Posted October 03, 2005 - 04:34 AM

congratulations on the new ride. im sure youl learn a lot. always good to see how other bikes are made / put together

• Math

Posted October 03, 2005 - 05:46 AM

Congratulations on your new ride Hamish! Keep us informed about how it goes.

I'd like to ride one of those orange bikes once... everybody around me have WRs, XRs and DRZs... I'll probably have my chance soon though cause they are becoming friggin popular.

Later,

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.