Looking for yz/wr cylinder head.

10 replies to this topic
  • YZ400Court

Posted March 24, 2001 - 06:43 AM

I am looking for a cylinder head for a YZ or WR 400/426. I broke a valve bucket, and the head was terminally damaged.

YZ400 court
Phoenix, AZ

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 24, 2001 - 07:00 AM

I am curious... Have you priced a brand new one yet?
And how much?

• YZ400Court

Posted March 24, 2001 - 10:25 PM

New is just under $500.00. I also need shim buckets, springs, retainers, valves, cams, cam chain, piston, crank, rod & cylinder. All together $1500.00

Pretend it's flat and give it the gas.

• Boit

Posted March 24, 2001 - 11:35 AM

That's an unusual failure. Do you know what caused the bucket to fail?

• YZ400Court

Posted March 24, 2001 - 11:50 AM

The bucket failed when an intake valve snapped. There did not appear to be any contact with the piston before the break, as the valve shaft was not bent. The intake valve dropped right under the exhaust valves. This caused the cam to explode both ex valve buckets, destroying a lot of other stuff in the process.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted March 24, 2001 - 02:16 PM

i don't think you know what the **** you're on about.

i'm tired of this **** .

actually you're right. i can't remember what you said but, you know, you're right.

• YZ400Court

Posted March 24, 2001 - 02:37 PM

• YZ400Court

Posted March 25, 2001 - 10:52 PM

still looking

• SpeedRacer51t

Posted November 07, 2001 - 04:55 PM

Hey yz400court were you able to find a used cylinder head assy? My bike just did the same thing. I havent checked the rod yet, but the head, all valves, cams, piston, and cylinder and gone. I need to find a cheap way to fix it (used parts) so if you have any info that would help I would be thankful.

• SFO

Posted November 07, 2001 - 05:38 PM

Mike @ engine dynamics can fix this stuff.
I have seen this guy do miracles!

He has fixed cam cap seizures and could weld up the bucket bore and rebore it.
All is not lost.

[ November 07, 2001: Message edited by: SFO ]

• UtahMotorcycleAdventures

Posted November 09, 2001 - 04:31 PM

I have a stock 2000 WR cylinder that is ever so slightly scored from when I lost the oil drain plug and the piston seized on me. I had the shop look at it and they used acid to take off 99% of the smeared metal from the damaged piston. They said I could most likely use the cylinder with no risk of more damage or seizure (which I would have done except I got a great deal on a big bore kit). I'll sell it for $150. Even if you want to have it re-sleeved, it's cheaper than buying one from Yamaha!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.