Is the Cnd 05 wr 450 diff from US spec wr450f?

11 replies to this topic
  • Chad WR 450

Posted September 28, 2005 - 11:07 PM

Wondering why some people up here in Vancouver B.C. area are saying that the new 05 WR 450 doesn't require jetting and it doesn't run to lean from the shop. Is there a difference from a wr purchased in California lets say?
Should I just ride it after the free mods have been done and not worry about jetting the bike? Could the basic carb adjustments be all it needs? If nothing at all.

Also, is the grey wire just for bikes in the States. I've heard here in B.C that the shops don't cut it. :banghead:

• Kamik

Posted September 29, 2005 - 12:14 PM

well, i don't know what those guys are talking about, my '05 was WAY lean from the factory. the free mods are just gonna lean it out more so you're definately going to need to rejet. i took out the baffle, cut down the throttle stop, cut the grey wire(yes, we do have a grey wire, our model is the same as the states get), took the snorkle out of the airbox and put some holes in the side of the airbox. i'm running a 170 mainjet and a JD jet needle 3rd pos. from top, zip ty fuel screw 3 turns out, just waiting on the new pilot jet i ordered to come in, it's still running a bit lean at 1/4 throttle and under.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 29, 2005 - 12:52 PM

Must be 05' only. My 04' canadian had know grey wire, no throttle stop and the stock exhaust actually breathed, (not enough but better than US). Did the 05' canadian come with the AIS or whatever that emissions thingy is called?

• jerryls

Posted September 29, 2005 - 08:21 PM

Must be 05' only. My 04' canadian had know grey wire, no throttle stop and the stock exhaust actually breathed, (not enough but better than US). Did the 05' canadian come with the AIS or whatever that emissions thingy is called?

Weird. Straight out of the crate my Canadian '04 had the grey wire, the long throttle stop, and the small exhaust buttplug (just like the US model). Does your bike have the maple leaf sticker on the steering stem?

Jerry

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 29, 2005 - 08:35 PM

Yep, maple leaf on the steering stem. My 99 Canadian had no US import regs on it either.The exhaust was not good enough by any standards but atleast the bike would run with the plug in.

Did you buy from Int'l Brokers? Not that it makes a difference but.......... :banghead:

My buddy bought his EXC 450 from them and it ended up beeing a California Green Sticker bike

• jerryls

Posted September 29, 2005 - 08:52 PM

Yeah, I did get it from Int'l Brokers. It came with the Canadian spec jetting. All the stickers on the bike were in English/French. Strange.

Jerry

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kamik

Posted September 30, 2005 - 02:22 AM

Did the 05' canadian come with the AIS or whatever that emissions thingy is called?

yep, i pulled that crap off when i did the free mods though :banghead:

• simon@vic

Posted September 30, 2005 - 07:11 AM

Weird. Straight out of the crate my Canadian '04 had the grey wire, the long throttle stop, and the small exhaust butt plug (just like the US model). Does your bike have the maple leaf sticker on the steering stem?

Jerry

my Canadian 2004 didn't. it just came with an ugly exhaust insert........... no grey wire or throttle stop to be changed as far as i can tell............am i wrong?

• jerryls

Posted September 30, 2005 - 07:52 AM

Sounds like I got some sort of US/Canadian hybrid. All the US parts, but Canadian stickers and jetting. Int'l Brokers was by far the cheapest place to buy, so I'm not complaining.

I'm waiting for them to get the '06 KTM 300 EXC in stock. Can't wait. :banghead: .

Jerry

• poffer

Posted September 30, 2005 - 08:06 AM

On my european wr450f year 2004 the grey wire is connected to cdi unit. I have heard that the cdi unit are different on us/eu models and that the eu models have yzf mapping?????

Anyone who can tell me the fact in this topic?

• simon@vic

Posted September 30, 2005 - 09:44 AM

yes, i would be interested to know for sure too.
does any one know the differences between the 2003/2004/2005/2006 USA/AUZ/CDN/EU CDIs ??

• katoom525sx

Posted September 30, 2005 - 11:06 PM

Yeah, I did get it from Int'l Brokers. It came with the Canadian spec jetting. All the stickers on the bike were in English/French. Strange.

Jerry

On the east side of Canada above New York they speek French . go figure

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.