How often should you repack a muffler?

4 replies to this topic
  • 450_rider

Posted September 28, 2005 - 08:18 PM

I have a FMF Ti-4 and i have had it for one season and i was wondering, howoften should i repack it and what should i look for to know when to repack it. :banghead:

• dunecj2a

Posted September 28, 2005 - 09:18 PM

I would say you are probably overdue :lol: I have the same exhaust and I at least check it every 3 months. I ride about 3-5 hours every week in the summer and about 10 hrs a week once dune season hits. In one year I have repacked mine 3 times. It couldnt be an easier with that Ti 4 pipe. About a 15-30 min job. Worst part is messin with silicone :applause: FMF packing is about $10, make sure you buy the right packing specific for the Ti 4 pipe. Directions are on the back of the packaging.

1. loss of power, feals like a fouled plug
2. really loud two stroke sound
3. runs like total s#&t

Check it when you get a chance, its EZ :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted September 29, 2005 - 06:36 AM

White Bros will tell every 10-20 hrs of use. Although that sounds excessive to me

Posted September 29, 2005 - 08:01 AM

Fmf Is Every 20-30 Hours With Normal Use

• 450_rider

Posted September 29, 2005 - 01:48 PM

Thanks guys looks like i got some work to do never relized how over due i am all thoughs symptoms you told me feels like a fouled plug, loss of power...etc feels exactly like that.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.