XR600R Frame Question.

7 replies to this topic
  • rummyville

Posted September 28, 2005 - 04:19 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to upgrade to an aluminum frame on a XR600R with out buying an XR650R.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket manufacturer that makes aluminum frames or maybe a website.

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

• don87xr600

Posted September 28, 2005 - 04:41 PM

I can make you one for $300,000. PM me if you are interested.

• huntmaster

Posted September 28, 2005 - 04:59 PM

Does anyone know of an aftermarket manufacturer that makes aluminum frames or maybe a website.

There's a number of aftermarket steel frame kits which dramatically improve the 600's handling. Not sure about alloy (maybe BBR for big $$$) but not really necessary to make an improvement.

• BOLT Performance

Posted September 28, 2005 - 08:08 PM

There's a number of aftermarket steel frame kits which dramatically improve the 600's handling. Not sure about alloy (maybe BBR for big $$$) but not really necessary to make an improvement.

Any names you could share...?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BajaBoundMoto

Posted September 29, 2005 - 08:19 AM

Why would you want to upgrade the frame?

• miguelitro

Posted September 29, 2005 - 10:36 AM

Why would you want to upgrade the frame?

agreed. i still kinda think my old steeel frame 600 handled better that the AL frame 650 i ride now...
easier to straighten and weld too

• huntmaster

Posted September 29, 2005 - 01:20 PM

I was seriously considering going that route with my old 600 before going to the 650. The Trak frame kit was one that got great press. Much stronger and more rigid then the stocker... getting rid of the flexy feel of the stocker while knocking off a few pounds too! I believe there were a few other kits available, though not sure about these days as it's been out of production five years. A few internet searches may help.

• BOLT Performance

Posted September 29, 2005 - 05:33 PM

Can anyone recommend a place to search for STOCK 650L frames? I'd like to find one with a title so a quality bike salvage yard would be good unless you know someone with a burnt out 650L laying around. Frame could be a prezel for all I care as long as it has a street title.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.