YZ throttle stop

6 replies to this topic
  • deblaw2232

Posted September 28, 2005 - 02:39 PM

Is the YZ throttle stop screw (to modify the WR 450) available from the TT store? I couldn't find it there.

• kincade

Posted September 28, 2005 - 02:54 PM

It's available from the OEM TT store, but you have to pay a $10 membership fee from there, and plan on about 2 weeks from order to arrival.

If that's the only OEM part you are going to order, dealer might be a better place.

• jevc

Posted September 28, 2005 - 02:58 PM

I got one at the hardware store for .45 cents.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted September 28, 2005 - 03:01 PM

Carb parts are not available from the TT store yet. Get it from your local Yamaha dealer, p/n 5JG-14591-00-00. You can order it from Zanotti's for $7.50...SC

• deblaw2232

Posted September 28, 2005 - 03:21 PM

Thanks. I checked Zanotti's--the shipping is $8.84. Might as well treck to the ole Yamaha dealer! Thanks again for the help--gotta my WR unleashed!

• clark4131

Posted September 28, 2005 - 04:21 PM

The shipping from Zanotti's will kill ya' on one item, but if you have a big order of 5 or more, I've found them to be the way to go...SC

• farkawi

Posted September 28, 2005 - 08:10 PM

I just followed the instructions in the free mod list and shortened the stock screw. You will never replace the stock length screw; so why buy something you already have? My opinion is that free is the best deal.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.